1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

FMH110cc rebuild....

Old 03-19-2013, 02:29 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FMH110cc rebuild....

This is my daughters quad.....
Name:  110ccorange.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  83.8 KB

It has 152FMH stamp on motor.

First series of problems that have happened and are being repaired as followed....

1. No power to kill/ignition switch on handle bar.
I have power to key on cuz the gear indicator lights up, but no power at handle bar switch. Traced red wire from battery to first white connector in wire loom and power is dead. Assumption is bad wire. So, I jumped this wire with another and to the connector and still no power to switch.

After the connector the red power wire from battery connects to the red/black wire to the stator. There is no power leaving the stator. If I jump the starter and crank the engine there is no spark and no power elsewhere in the loom.

Crazy thing is brake light works and so does gear indicator lamp.

Do I need to replace the stator?

I plan to replace the CDI as they usually have issues anyway, so no biggie there.

2. once the bike is running, and when it ran it ran fine and strong! Only had the usual gummie carburetor problem each year, I usually just replace the carb as they are only $25.

The second problem is the clutch is an auto clutch for auto tranny. It is smoked. I could hold the bike in "F" gear and the clutch would just smoke.

What clutch do I need? Can someone supply a link for the proper part? Again the motor stamp is FMH152 series for 110cc.

3. there is the 6 wire remote alarm crap on this bike. Should I remove that system? There is a broken black wire from the box and I have no idea where it came from. Is this system necessary for the bike to run?

It has been about a year and half since I had to work on these. So I got rusty. I gave up on them after a frustrating go around with a 150cc that would not run for crap below full throttle. Changed every part, timed motor, did everything possible. Even took it to a pro shop and they couldn't get it to run. I finally gave up. (ran out of money!LOL) I sold it for $300 and lost over $800) This 110 is my daughters and she likes it so I am going to figure out.

Any advice greatly appreciated. It is the 5 wire CDI and 4 wire stator with 2 coils.(black/red, blue/white, yellow, white wires on stator) Detailed wiring diagram for whole harness would also be appreciated.

Thanks

~Rich

Old 03-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Trailblazer

can u crank the machine while putting a meter on the stator to see if you have any voltage coming out of it?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Range Rover
Default I don't know bout the clutch but

"After the connector the red power wire from battery connects to the red/black wire to the stator." " It is the 5 wire CDI and 4 wire stator with 2 coils.(black/red, blue/white, yellow, white wires on stator)"

Someone miswired your quad. There shouldn't be a red wire connected to the stator. The yellow and white wires go to the voltage regulator the blue one is the pulse for the cdi and the blk/red supplies power to the cdi.

Here is a link both Fred and Lynn posted wiring diagrams on the first page of this thread. http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...ing-setup.html

hope this helps