1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

TaoTao ATA125-H Wont Start please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao ATA125-H Wont Start please Help

Hello Everyone Im new here!

I need some help please, I have a 2012 taotao ata-125H that wont start. I started it Rode it for a minute or so. Went back to start it and nothing no start. The only lights that come on are the shift indicator lights and thats it. Replaced battery and still nothing, no clicking nothing?

Please Help

Thanks

Old 03-19-2013, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does she have a kill switch? If so you might check the wiring there first. One of ours does and its factory wiring is crappy to say the least. I am fixing to rip a lot of it out and wire it in more securely.

Also did anything get too wet? My boys were riding one with all the plastics off and soaked the CDI box pretty good. I pulled it out wiped her clean and finally shot it with some contact cleaner. That seemed to help a ton with a very similar problem.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

does it have a safety switch under the seat? If so you may have tripped it during dismount. If this don't fix it try putting the machine in neutral and jumping across the solenoid with a screwdriver. If the engine cranks over you have narrowed it to a wiring problem. (99% sure it is a wiring problem so I'll procead down that trail). Next have someone try to start the machine and grab a multimeter. Test to see if you have voltage going to one of the small wires on the solenoid while trying to start the machine the other small wire (usually green) should be ground. If no ground simply fix it. If it does have fire and ground then the solenoid is trash. Next on your brake swith there should be 2 wires make sure you have voltage to both wires when the brakes are applied. If you only have power to one side brake switch is trash. If no power to either side its just a matter of tracing wiring between battery and switch to find the short/break/ground in the wire. If power to both sides test that both wires on the

Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Range Rover

start switch and make sure they have power while trying to start the machine. If only one try disassembling the switch and cleaning the contacts then repeat test. If same result second time replace switch. If power to both sides then trace out the short/break/ground between start switch and solenoid. If no power to either side of start switch then its between the brake safety switch and the start button and I haven't studied those diagrams enough to know if they go through something else or if wired dirrectly but i'm sure if you search a bit Lynn has posted a schematic somewhere (if you find one let me know where I can save the link)

Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like the wires from the hand brake came undone, follow them down, some people don't wire em rite & as soon as you turn the wheel it pulls the wires out, that or the little plastic thing behing the hand brake is stuck, try pushing the foot brake & starting it too.