1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

My ATV from Peace Sports has no power to the ignition switch.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ATV from Peace Sports has no power to the ignition switch.

I have a Hawk 110 youth Big tire from Peace Sports. I only have 1volt at the Ignition Switch connector. When I turn on the key I have no power at all no lights no nothing. I have 12v at the Starter Relay across the black and red. I have replaced the relay once and the left handle starter switch. The ATV ran for a week then my son stoped it with the handle bar kill switch and it was dead from that point.
I have now replace the Ignition switch, the Voltage regulator the Remote and Stop controller. The wiring Diagram that I have shows six wires at the Igniton switch I have four. I also do not see the Left Handlebar Kill switch

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Blown fuse? Have you checked that? The main fuse is always near the positive battery post, and sometimes embedded in the starter solenoid.

At your ignition switch you said you have four wires. What are those wire colors? Important note: I don't care about the wire colors of the short pigtail wires coming out of the switch itself. I want the wire colors on the "wiring harness" side of the connector set that hooks up the ignition switch.

Which of those wires do you measure 1 volt?

I don't have a "hawk" wiring diagram. But it sounds like it isn't relevant to your quad anyway since it shows a 6 pin ignition switch.

On quads with AC powered ignition systems (a majority of 110cc quads with remote modules) the quad will run just fine with a blown fuse. But the minute you turn off the quad it will not start back up since you need 12 volts (though the fuse) to engage the starter motor.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On a Different Note

I had to replace the Rear Swing arm on my Hawk 110 youth. I made the fatal mistake of not taking a picture or waiting to remove the old one until I recieved the new one. I am now unsure of the safety of my install. I was looking for some pics or an instruction manual. The swing arm part number is
Kid ATV Peace Sports TPATV501 Rear Swing Arm (Old Version) 70cc, 90cc 110cc

Thanks for any help