1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help please chinese 250cc problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:40 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help please chinese 250cc problem

Hi, my 250 cc quad is playing up, my brake switch works fine but brake light bulb does not illuminate, i know its working because of i try to start without my foot on the brake it will not start.... Iv checked bulbs there fine, they do light up when lights are on but when full beam is on they come off but regardles the brake light wont work when braking...

Problem 2
my atv does not run longer than 30 secs, but when quick start sprayed it will idle for 2mins then die out, if i rev it it dies out regardless, what could be the problem?

Thank you for anyhelp

Old 01-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Range Rover

"Problem 2
my atv does not run longer than 30 secs, but when quick start sprayed it will idle for 2mins then die out, if i rev it it dies out regardless, what could be the problem?"

How long has it been doing this? Just recently since weather got cold? Does choking it a tiny bit help? If either of these are true you may just need to adjust your air/fuel screw on your carb.(There's a how to sicky on chinese forum) Otherwise sounds like either a dirty carb or an air leak. Get the thing 'running' and spray some starting fluid around the base of the carb and on your intake and listen for a change in engine speed. Dont spray it in the carb cause that will cause a change in engine speed. If your engine changes speed you got air leak if not you got a dirty carb.

Also sounds like you got a bad bulb the brake light bulb has 2 filiments in it. One for brakes one for the tail light. Just cause the tail light comes on when you turn your headlights on doesn't mean the brake light filiment isn't burt out.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

HI THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY..
Iv tryed adjusting the screw on the carb it dont make no difference...
I will try the leak test an update you

The bulb iv checked both filiments they looked fine?
Il try a new bulb if that dn

Old 01-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Il try a new bulb if that dnt work

An yes its been doing this since the cold weather
There is a vaccum hose at the bottom of the carb which is blocked off by a bolt on it... I have no idea where this goes..
Also my rev meter dont work... What should i check for

Thanks very much appreciated

Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
Range Rover

The weather changed enough round here I finally broke down and adjusted the needle on the bottom of the slide. That is a pretty drastic tweek though. I'd make sure there is no air leaking and that the carb was clean enogh to eat off of first. Also when cleaning the carb don't forget to remove the air/fuel screw and clean that passage too.