1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

06 kazuma 110 falcon 4 autistic son

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 kazuma 110 falcon 4 autistic son

Please help i picked this kazuma 110 falcon for my 6 year old autistic son who loves to ride but i cant get spark. Ive read alot of your post and have done test after test can you help
test ive done
test 1 unplug kill switch pin (black/white wire)from wiring harness no spark
test 2 cdi unpluged ignition and kill switches to on position tested kill pin to engine ground = 0 but turned kill switch on handle bar to off position and i got a infinite reading wird
test 3 cdi unpluged tested ac ignition power pin (black/red wire) to ground(green wire)=0
test 4 cdi unpluged tested timing trigger pin (blue/white wire)to ground pin =137.2
test 5 cdi unpluged meter set at volts ac 200 scale tested ac ignition power pin (b/r) to ground pin while cranking =0
test 6 cdi unpluged tested timing trigger pin (bl/w wire) to ground pin while cranking =.4
test 7 cdi unpluged ignition coil pin (black/yellow wire) to ground pin= .9
test 8 cdi pluged in meter set to lowest ac volts scale (200) all switches to on position tested ignition coil pin (b/y wire) to ground = no reading
i have also picked up a new cdi tests are the same im thinking its the stator any help would be greatly appriciated
thanks Jeff

Old 07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My comments embedded in red...

Originally Posted by Jeff Foster
Please help i picked this kazuma 110 falcon for my 6 year old autistic son who loves to ride but i cant get spark. Ive read alot of your post and have done test after test can you help
test ive done
test 1 unplug kill switch pin (black/white wire)from wiring harness no spark [OK]
test 2 cdi unpluged ignition and kill switches to on position tested kill pin to engine ground = 0 but turned kill switch on handle bar to off position and i got a infinite reading wird [The kill switches were supposed to be set to the "run" position - not the vague "off" or "on" position. What does "on" mean? Does this mean the Kill switch is on (engine stopped), or Engine is on (kill switch disabled). See my point? In the "run" position there should be no ambiguity. In the "run" position the kill switch is disabled, spark is enabled, and the resistance from the kill switch wire to ground should be open - which I think is what you measured, no?]
test 3 cdi unpluged tested ac ignition power pin (black/red wire) to ground(green wire)=0 [Wrong, Wrong, Wrong... This is a Big Red Flag...]
test 4 cdi unpluged tested timing trigger pin (blue/white wire)to ground pin =137.2 [good]
test 5 cdi unpluged meter set at volts ac 200 scale tested ac ignition power pin (b/r) to ground pin while cranking =0 [Also wrong - but follows what would be expected from test 3]
test 6 cdi unpluged tested timing trigger pin (bl/w wire) to ground pin while cranking =.4 [OK]
test 7 cdi unpluged ignition coil pin (black/yellow wire) to ground pin= .9 [OK]
test 8 cdi pluged in meter set to lowest ac volts scale (200) all switches to on position tested ignition coil pin (b/y wire) to ground = no reading i have also picked up a new cdi tests are the same im thinking its the stator any help would be greatly appriciated
thanks Jeff
Verify Test 3, then if still true go down to the stator/harness interface connector and find the same black red wire in the harness. Then note what wire in the stator pigtail wires coming out of the engine it connects to.

Unplug the stator, and measure the resistance of that pigtail wire looking into the stator to engine ground on the 2K ohm scale. What do your measure? If you still measure 0 ohms then your stator is bad. If not report what you read, and we'll look and you wiring issues...

Old 07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm sorry I ment key is in the run position and switch on handle bar left side in run had no reading key in run/ switch on handle bar in stop position I get reading.
Thanks I will do the test and let u know my results

Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok the stator wires coming out are 4 in one conection and they are (blue/white,yellow,green,white)then seperate bun in same wire loom is black/red witch conects to red/black the ac ignition pinand in not getting a reading
thanks for your help i like the way you reply i can unerstand it

Old 08-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Much thanks

First let me say thank you for your help and I probably will be seeking your advice later. But as the 110 goes you told me to check the ac ignition wire I kept getting nothing so I decided to pull the stator cover off and low and.behold there was a tiny little wire hanging off the opposite side of the stator coil that the black/red wire goes to I soldered it and checked the ohms and got the reading I was looking for put everything back together and it fired right up they have been riding it non stop for two days they love it so thanks again. O one more thing the clutch seems to be slipping a little how do I check it or just replace it and is there different reservoirs for the motor and automatic clutch

Old 08-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

Use ATV or Motorcycle oil. It should be a wet clutch and it shares oil with the engine. Therefor, it needs special oil. Don't use oils labeled API Energy Conserving II either.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thx to all