1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Need help with QIYE 11 (Coolster 125cc)

Old 06-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with QIYE 11 (Coolster 125cc)

Can anyone tell me if the air/fuel on this carb be adjusted. I have ben reading on here for days. I have shimmed the needle and cleaned the jets. Changed the Plug, ect... It seems to run fine but just bogs if you hit the throttle fast. It does pop and backfire during deceleration if you let go of the throttle. No other mods have been made and its brand new less than hour on it.

Name:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 8855
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 5264
Size:  123.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 6518
Size:  136.1 KB

Also what is this coming out of the back of the air filter?

Name:  IMG_0130.jpg
Views: 5270
Size:  113.5 KB

Old 06-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

now i'm asking because the pics really don't show me, but the plastic spacer that's squeezed in between the bolts at the intake and the carb, is it facing the right direction so as to make sure the O-Ring is facing the right way? most of the time, if a quad bogs, the main jet is still a little dirty. i realize you said you cleaned them. could your fuel filter be saturated with grit and breakthrough has occured? is the float keeping up with the demand for fuel? as far as carb adjustments, some have the adjustments on the side and others have them underneath the end on the intake side. but i really don't see one your carb.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Jaster94
now i'm asking because the pics really don't show me, but the plastic spacer that's squeezed in between the bolts at the intake and the carb, is it facing the right direction so as to make sure the O-Ring is facing the right way? most of the time, if a quad bogs, the main jet is still a little dirty. i realize you said you cleaned them. could your fuel filter be saturated with grit and breakthrough has occured? is the float keeping up with the demand for fuel? as far as carb adjustments, some have the adjustments on the side and others have them underneath the end on the intake side. but i really don't see one your carb.

Thanks for all your help Jaster, and sorry for the slow response but, rubber gasket is good, recleaned jets and replaced the fuel filter just for fun. I also added 2 more washers to the needle for a total of 4. It seems to rev good with no load but as soon as I put it in gear and thump the gas it still bogs but once it gets going it runs good.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Range Rover

the hose on the filter is just a crankcase vent thing

the fuel adjustment screw can be seen in the second picture.. unfortunately you have to drill out the brass plug that covers it, its right next to the filter

on mine I just took a little drill bit and started drilling and it eventually just spun out

Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Range Rover

also, just an fyi, the bogging can be several things from undersized pilot jet to bad cam timing.. there have been several threads about it lately that discuss it and its remedies at length

good info here http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...issue-new.html

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by High_Boost
the hose on the filter is just a crankcase vent thing

the fuel adjustment screw can be seen in the second picture.. unfortunately you have to drill out the brass plug that covers it, its right next to the filter

on mine I just took a little drill bit and started drilling and it eventually just spun out
I had another carb that was similar that I drilled out and that screw was to the butterfly??

Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by High_Boost
also, just an fyi, the bogging can be several things from undersized pilot jet to bad cam timing.. there have been several threads about it lately that discuss it and its remedies at length

good info here http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...issue-new.html
Thanks for the link, but this post was inspired from that thread!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

Check your plug if it is greyish you are running lean, most of the CHONDAS are set to run lean to pass emmisions.

Raising the needle will only help with low to mid power, at wide open throttle the needle is pretty much exposed either way.

The air fuel adjustment is also for low to mid throttle range.

You will probably need to rejet.

I usually remove the jets and using a welding torch tip cleaner open them up a little. I don't usually recomend this to someone that doesn't know what they are doing so be careful if you do. Go with the size that fits then use one size up. The pilot jet will be more dificult as there is more than 1 tiny hole in it. If you look through it there are several tiny holes in it. The tip cleaner will be too big for this and I use a small sewing needle just to open up the holes a tiny bit.

Don't be too agressive with it and do a little then test it out.

Also make sure all your fuel lines are good, the cheap lines on these things break down and send little pieces to the carb. I usually replace them with good quality line. Replace the fuel filter as well as the ones that come with it are junk. Get rid of the cheap china spark plug and replace with a good quality NGK plug. I also replace the spark plug wire and boot with the NGK racing setup.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by soolaj
Check your plug if it is greyish you are running lean, most of the CHONDAS are set to run lean to pass emmisions.

Raising the needle will only help with low to mid power, at wide open throttle the needle is pretty much exposed either way.

The air fuel adjustment is also for low to mid throttle range.

You will probably need to rejet.

I usually remove the jets and using a welding torch tip cleaner open them up a little. I don't usually recomend this to someone that doesn't know what they are doing so be careful if you do. Go with the size that fits then use one size up. The pilot jet will be more dificult as there is more than 1 tiny hole in it. If you look through it there are several tiny holes in it. The tip cleaner will be too big for this and I use a small sewing needle just to open up the holes a tiny bit.

Don't be too agressive with it and do a little then test it out.

Also make sure all your fuel lines are good, the cheap lines on these things break down and send little pieces to the carb. I usually replace them with good quality line. Replace the fuel filter as well as the ones that come with it are junk. Get rid of the cheap china spark plug and replace with a good quality NGK plug. I also replace the spark plug wire and boot with the NGK racing setup.

Thanks for all the tips, I'm waiting on a micro drill bit set for the pilot jet. I've replaced the fuel filter, spark plug and shimmed the needle. I'm looking to get a high performance CDI. I will then change the wire and boot. It runs good right now, just a little bog when punching the throttle.

How about shocks? Any suggestions on what brand and best place to get them?

Old 06-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by HeyRobi
I had another carb that was similar that I drilled out and that screw was to the butterfly??
there is no butterfly valve in that carb - it has a spring loaded round slide in the center that lifts up when you press the throttle..
you can defiantely drill out the plug to gain access to the fuel adjustment, it only takes a couple sceconds and it will probably spin out on the drill bit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with QIYE 11 (Coolster 125cc)