1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Please someone help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help!!!!!

I am doing a repair to the shifting mechanism on a Kazuma 110cc ATV came across a strange nut in the center of the clutch. I had already thought of a"socket" fabrication but am not sure if it is reverse thread. Bad thing is someone has done this same repair to this thing once before...even zip tied the old clutch plates to the handlebars when they sold it to me. Whoever it was sure boggered up that nut...just my luck. However, before realizing the nut was there, I managed to bust the "star fish" shaped plate on the face of the gear behind the clutch...bull in a china shop my wife says. Whatever! Where do I get this plate and which way do I turn the "ticking time bomb" of a nut in the center of the clutch? Please help, email me if you need to: JBLEE1975@YAHOO.COM See pics attached of the plate and clutch. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum RawTourque !

LOL at your post...(laughing with you not at you) That little nut is usually a normal right hand thread...I have welded sockets to broken nut to remove them before...not sure if you have enough room for that. You can get parts for your Kazuma at a few places this is just one of them.. Chinese ATV Parts, Kazuma ATV Parts, Sunl ATV Parts, Roketa ATV Parts, BMX ATV Parts!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your relply! I was lucky to not have to even mess with the "mess" of a nut since I noticed something peculiar as I sat the motor on my bench....just in time to cause I was ready to go "ape ****" with the funny nut, on the ATV..not myself. The reason it was stuck in neutral was the shifter linkage "forks" or arms on the right side of the motor that "click" back and forth spinning a little star shaped gear actually went past the little tabs and got wedged in a rather weird spot. Luckily the motor casing didnt crack from the fork wedging in a little nook that was right under a casting for one of the crank case bolts....weird. I just "pryed and wiggled" as I turned the little gear and "POP"! Question is why did it "over shoot" and how long before it happens again. Only real problem I had was getting the tensioner assy on the front of the clutch back on without it "puking" all the srings, bearings, and rollers out as I tried to ease the damn thing back on while trying to get the shifter shaft in the little molded hole in the cover AND trying to hit the little race bearing in the center. I this situation happens again, I'll probably try out my 357 Magnum to see how acurate it is! My wife says its worth the time to fix it.. I say why do a $400.00 job (labor and bandaids) for a $300.00 bike! Any how, thanks for takin time to answer back and don't worry bout the laughin thing....all my neighbors have spent the last two days strategically positioned in lawn chairs with beers as if I were some kind of comedy act...I guess all the cussin, kickin, spittin, and tool throwin would be kind of humorous to watch. I just cant seem to find anyone as stubborn and hard headed as I am. Later!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:05 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

The only time Ive had that shifter fork problem was years ago...Each of my sons rode the minitrail I got when they were little...Both of them had a habit of sort of auguring the 50 into the ground on its left side...4 of those times they bent the fork a little and I had to re bend it...the last time the arm broke and I had to weld it back together...Not sure how that much force could happen to a quad shifter(crash related any way) Id guess some one was jumping on the lever..maybe accidentally?

Throwing tools?? I used to do that a lot.. Next time Ill grab a chair and a cigar.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Weird how I just down shifted to park it and it got stuck, yet I can lay down my GSXR 1000 at nearly 135mph and whatch it roll end over end for a 1/4 mile while my *** serves as a break and my arm turns into a 3way kickstand yet as mangled as the damn thing was I picked it up with my good arm and it fired right up and shifted just fine...didnt look very pretty but hey...still frickin worked like new. (Was on a closed track...I dont do that **** on the publics roadways!) My little guy (18 months) will prob be just like your two. LOL Oh well, think back when we were BOYS...our Dad prob said the same stuff bout us. PS know how I can get a repair manual for a John Deere SX85 Rear engine riding mower?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:46 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by RawTourque
Weird how I just down shifted to park it and it got stuck, yet I can lay down my GSXR 1000 at nearly 135mph and whatch it roll end over end for a 1/4 mile while my *** serves as a break and my arm turns into a 3way kickstand yet as mangled as the damn thing was I picked it up with my good arm and it fired right up and shifted just fine...didnt look very pretty but hey...still frickin worked like new. (Was on a closed track...I dont do that **** on the publics roadways!)

My little guy (18 months) will prob be just like your two. LOL Oh well, think back when we were BOYS...our Dad prob said the same stuff bout us.

PS know how I can get a repair manual for a John Deere SX85 Rear engine riding mower?
Its not that hard to explain...1 was made in Japan, the other 1 was made in China....

My boys are adults now so the 50 is relatively safe......but, I got a almost 2 yr old grandson that Im sure will allow me to take that case off again in a couple years..

Not a clue but can I come watch you work on it until you find one?

Ill bring a lawn chair and a couple of cigars..