CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

looking for some info on this Traxter 500 I got for free

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some info on this Traxter 500 I got for free

HI...
(pics at bottom)
My neighbor who is not feeling good, gave me this Traxter 4x4 auto. I went yesterday to try and start it after sitting for sometime under an old shed, to my surprise I got it started right up, no smoke, and no knocking...GOOD!!..

I know nothing about this Traxter, only how to start it up, so any tips on all the gadgets and operation of the shift switch will be appreciated also

I am not sure what year model this one is, and he couldn't remember, his wife used it mostly because she could just slide right into it. The machine has less that 2000 miles on the OD, if I'm looking at it correctly

Now he mentioned that it has an oil leak, that he has tried to fix, but couldn't. I haven't seen this leak yet, because I just got it to my home last night.

He ( my neighbor) mentioned that he gave this to me because he knew that I had the patience to work on troublesome engine, transmission, issues lol. I do have patience, however don't know much about this brand or Rotax Australian built engine. I have been a diy mechanic for a long time, and enjoy this type of challenge, however I know that I have to do a lot of research on this Traxter in order to proceed forward

I would like any and all comments, good or bad about this machine, along with any valuable information which would help me and others with working on such a machine
thanks! here are some pics..before I cleaned it up this morning in the rain....this Traxter looks like a beast, heavy duty, machine..too me, not sure that others feel the same way

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I have been gathering information on this machine, sounds to me like they are tough utility atvs

I am now in the process of searching for the Rotax engine information
any help would be appreciated

Old 11-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

It's a 1999 model. That's the only year they came with the red racks. They are very well built.