CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

My DS870; powered by Mr. Horsepower

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROD2009
Thanks for the info, to you know what it weighs.
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but here are my best answers to those questions.

It doesn’t have a lockout clutch. Eric has developed a clutch system that holds the power with no problems and doesn’t require a lockout. He is the guy to talk to about that system.

Hp numbers, I would rather not give out, but it makes a lot of power for sure. This is actually a motor built with nitrous in mind, so it is down a little on power from what it could be if it was an all out N/A motor.

Weight, it is safe to say that this is the lightest DS on the planet, but like HP numbers I don’t really want to give that info out either.

For those that don’t know it, this bike is the Blue Bus-- Sandbombers old bike that I bought last year and changed up quite a few things.

Other info that might be good to know, I am/was a Raptor guy. I raced my 660r raptor for years hoping to be faster than the rest like everyone else. I still have my 660r and it is fast, 4.4s with me on it and probably 4.3/high 4.2s with a jockey; but it will never be able to reach the 3.9s without a power adder- it just has its limits. Over the years, I have watched Eric’s bikes run and I eventually came to the conclusion that the easiest (and so far, the only) way for me to run the numbers I want to run, was to pick up the phone and call him. Anyone else can do the same.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by OverRaTeD
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but here are my best answers to those questions.

It doesn’t have a lockout clutch. Eric has developed a clutch system that holds the power with no problems and doesn’t require a lockout. He is the guy to talk to about that system.

Hp numbers, I would rather not give out, but it makes a lot of power for sure. This is actually a motor built with nitrous in mind, so it is down a little on power from what it could be if it was an all out N/A motor.

Weight, it is safe to say that this is the lightest DS on the planet, but like HP numbers I don’t really want to give that info out either.

For those that don’t know it, this bike is the Blue Bus-- Sandbombers old bike that I bought last year and changed up quite a few things.

Other info that might be good to know, I am/was a Raptor guy. I raced my 660r raptor for years hoping to be faster than the rest like everyone else. I still have my 660r and it is fast, 4.4s with me on it and probably 4.3/high 4.2s with a jockey; but it will never be able to reach the 3.9s without a power adder- it just has its limits. Over the years, I have watched Eric’s bikes run and I eventually came to the conclusion that the easiest (and so far, the only) way for me to run the numbers I want to run, was to pick up the phone and call him. Anyone else can do the same.
Why don't you want to give it out is it so top secret, I just was thinking about getting into the dragracing and talk to goodsound a few times on here and was just wanting to learn all I good before i went out and bought one of these ds 650s they are great machine.I just figured that your builder would want for everyone to learn about some of his builds. Thanks for the info. what type of fuel do you guys run in your bikes when on all motor if it is not top secret .

Old 08-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. If you havn't already tried them give the 26" competion cut blasters with the #2 paddles a try for the 300ft deep sand tracks. You may find that they might help out with some 60ft numbers and out mph the others. Just something to try, VERY VERY nice bike and setup, well done.

Old 08-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

I was trying to think about things and if you don't let know one know what this bike weighs then how do you know that it is the lightest one in the country just a ?

Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

Why don't you want to give it out is it so top secret, I just was thinking about getting into the dragracing and talk to goodsound a few times on here and was just wanting to learn all I good before i went out and bought one of these ds 650s they are great machine.I just figured that your builder would want for everyone to learn about some of his builds. Thanks for the info. what type of fuel do you guys run in your bikes when on all motor if it is not top secret .
I think youll find that at this level of racing, alot of people dont like to give out certain numbers. I dont like to give my numbers either. The reason is, there is maybe 10 bikes in the nation that fit in the same league as this bike, and everyone is looking for an edge. If everyone knows everything about the fastest bike, then they know the numbers they need to achieve or beat. Its nothing personal, especially towards you. But there are lots of eyes watching these forums, and waiting for someone to slip LOL. I think Taylor answered your question as honest and professional as possible. The absolute best thing you could do if you want a motor like this is call Mr Horsepower. I hope this clears it up a little.

I run the same fuel for motor and nitrous. Sunoco.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was trying to think about things and if you don't let know one know what this bike weighs then how do you know that it is the lightest one in the country just a ?
I have no idea what his atv weights but from what little I can see from the pictures it's setup very similar to mine. I'm sure his weights less but mine ready to roll down the track with the bar on and full of fuel and the nitrous on weights in the 350 range. Give or take a few pounds. That's not to say I have a real clue what his weighs that but that'll give you a ballpark idea. He probably makes the power on motor that I do on spray though. It looks like a VERY nice setup.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

I am using fuels legal for the FSA series races. I use C14. FFB's observations are close, thanks for the kind words.

I am just glad this bike is running and not just sitting in the garage waiting for me to finish it, lol. Its an absolute dream to ride.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OverRated I hope you don't mind but your bike deserves to be made a sticky.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Geez Freebird your gonna make his head swell......... J/K

Taylors OMW DS is quite the runner. I did see it's first pass at Albany, when the track announcer gave his track ET Well let's just say ALOT of 2 stroke guys became very worried..........

Old 08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Wow, thanks that is great. I will keep updating this thread as we take it out and dial it in and run it. I still have the nitrous system to install and run, plus next season it will have another motor and even more n/a power.

I see your in Landrum, beautiful area. I lived in Greenville for several years and also lived in Landrum....Gowensville actually, up on the hill on Pleasant Hill road. Loved it there.

Quick Reply: My DS870; powered by Mr. Horsepower