CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Big Gun Exhaust Refurbishing

Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Gun Exhaust Refurbishing

I have had a Big gun Exhaust on my DS for about 3 years now. About 2 years ago i took the bike up in the woods and got it very muddy. Ater washing I noticed the area of the mid pipe just short of the can had discolored. Well since than the area had become rusty and really ugly.

I was beginning to think I was going to have to buy a nw pipe. i called Big gun and asked if I had to buy a complete pipe or just from the header back. They told me they did not stock the old pipes anymore so I would have to buy a new system.

I am thinking damn I do not want to spend that kind of money since I am getting all my motor work done but before I could really complain much Mike R, the service guy I am talking to ask me why I want to replace it. Well i explained to him about the rust and discoloring. He informs me that they can re-ceramic coat the pipe. I am thinking cool but also thinking this can not be cheap.

So I ask him whats this going to cost me. He quotes me at $110. i am totally blown away and said hell yeah lets get this done. So I take off the midpipe and can, wrap it up and send it to him. I did not send the header because it was okay looking.

About a week goes buy and Mike calls me from Big gun. He wants to let me know they recieved my pipe and that it will be 3 working days before it will be completed. he also tells me he quoted me the wrong price. I am thinking ah crap I knew this deal was too good to be true. But Mike says to recoat the pipe and repack it will only be $80 because they are not doing the header pipe. I am like "Damn this is cool" So I decided to order a new end cap since mine was a little discolored.

Last Thursday he calls me back to say my pipe is all ready and needs my credit card info and to double checking the mailing address. So we go all thru that and when i asked what my total bill is including shipping it is only $128 bucks. he also told me that the guys in the shop buffed out the exhaust can and put on a new sticker. I am like cool.

Well I recieved my pipe Monday. All I can say is wow. They did not just re-ceramic coat it they used the new Chromex coating on it. The thing looks awesome. It's as shiney as a new set of T-5's. Plus the can looks brand new and they included all new mounting hardware. So basically for $128 buck plus the $30 I spent to ship it down I have a brand new exhaust pipe.

The only bad thing is I now have to send them the header pipe so it will match. But I talked to Mike today and they will do it for just $30.

So all I can say is if you have an older Big Gun exhaust and have been thinking of getting new exhaust because it looks a little ratty. Call Big Gun, ask for Mike R and see about getting yours refurbished

Old 11-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

I've had them do my My exhaust a while ago. I went back to Big Gun. Sure the Ceramic coating wears off.. but out of all the exhausts I have seen/had (Ron Wood, Trinity, CT) I feel the Big Gun fits the best, looks good, saves weight and supposedly best ALL around exhaust.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

Thats good info I did run into Mike at a works race at Pismo last year and he helped me get through the sound check hes a good guy. my big gun broke a weld and sits in the corner now so I should send it out and have them fix it, thanks for reminding me I had it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]