CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombusa 5 and 6 , Here I go again :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombusa 5 and 6 , Here I go again :)

Well I just pulled the trigger on 3 more brand new busa crate motors and am currently looking for 2 more 03 and earlier complete and extremely clean DS's. I am building 2 more bikes , 1 to keep and one to sell and keeping one motor as a spare . both bikes will be built at the same time and will be better than any I have done before with many upgrades and changes that I have been thinking about. one will be turboed and one natural. the turbo bike will be set up to run 20lbs boost this time not just 15 like the last one. both bikes will be much lighter and have nice suspension and tire changes. I am going to be keeping the turbo bike for myself (and I really mean it this time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) and selling the naturally aspirated one which will be identical except for the turbo kit. anyway it will be nice to be seated on a big comfy DS again and my goal this time is to break 100mph up sand mountain NV. Thats only 13 more mph than my last turbo bike did after spinning like crazy off the line and while wheelieing(spell check) all the way up the hill . power was never the problem . I believe I could have done close to that number if I could have kept the front end down. with the changes Im making on this next bike the front end lift and start line traction should not be an issue. doesn't that sound fun though? a 100 mph hill shooter that you can dune ride ALL DAY! because of the number of people who call me or email me every week from all over the country wanting pics or help or want me to do a conversion for them my wife wants me to keep a photo record of every step of the builds and make an instructional DVD . LOL . shes tired of my 2 or $300 cell phone bills. anyway Im going to take photos of every step from every angle and put together I guess what you would call in insructional DVD . it should be interesting to make anyway and will hopefully help a few people keep from ruining a good quad chassis. anyway, count us in for the next DS days where ever it will be. I thought I could walk away from these big power conversion bikes and even went as far as to buy a new 700 fuel injected raptor but I guess I was just kidding myself. I miss the incredible BALL shredding horsepower! LOL ! anyway , Here I go again

Old 01-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thats cool that your going to finally keep one for yourself, or keep it untill some says the price that makes you sell it. lol.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

yea this one will be mine. I felt sick to my stomach after selling the last one. but I have so many new ideas running around in my head and didnt really like the frame color that much on the last bike anyway. I think Im going to be doing both bikes red this time with red and black 03 plastics and seat. same colors as bombusa 3 in my pics page. its hard to beat red and everyone who saw that bike in person said it was by far the nicest color of any I have done.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider

That's great. I can't wait to check them out. Let us know when you have them done so we can go do some riding.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good idea. I think its time to make about 500 horse out of the turbo bike!!!!

Old 01-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

sounds like fun supersonic wish ya luck also another color scheme that would look cool is using the yellow and black baja x plastics with either a yellow or black frame.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Are you putting this one on ebay or is it already sold?

If not, what will you ask for it?

Old 01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Cool the color scheme sounds nice guess once you get the bug you can't stop. Why the Busa motor and not any other motor available?

Old 01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Gregg, sounds good!
how bout you take you master plan a step further and have all the necessary brackets and tubbing laser cut and pre bent and then sell a kit that any welder could put together? Sell that with your DVD and I'll order one right now.

Old 01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Majorecho
Gregg, sounds good!
how bout you take you master plan a step further and have all the necessary brackets and tubbing laser cut and pre bent and then sell a kit that any welder could put together? Sell that with your DVD and I'll order one right now.
Excellent idea.

Quick Reply: Bombusa 5 and 6 , Here I go again :)