CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

!!! WARNING !!! Apple Pie !!! WARNING !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!! WARNING !!! Apple Pie !!! WARNING !!!

Hey 151 works well! and a splash of the Captian Morgan too

Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DuneMe

Wow Marky. . . good for you!

Life can change very quickly sometimes!

</end quote></div>

Change? Its been non-stop for the last year. Drinking was easy to put down. Smoking, no problem. Chew? Now that was hard! It took me 2 months of being on the patch but I did it. Then there is work. I went from from a newby with low pay (but still more than BOSS paid me!) and just getting by to 3 major promotions in 6 months and being one of the top 3 producers in the company. I guess I must be doing something right, they want me in management and have me enrolled in a year long fast track. Then there's my new church life - I know what you are all thinking, Marky and church dont mix! LOL - The church peeps gave me this assignment to prepare everyone for natural disasters. Now everyone has 3 day emergency supplies on hand and are ready for earthquakes, floods, and anything else. I made a pretty extensive website for them as well and created a 25 page emergency preparedness guide for our area. We're having a disaster emergency drill next month and are coordinating with the local city, police and fire departments. Heck Im even dating. I went out with a professor who is teaching geology and is also studying Wasatch fault. She was interesting for sure. Now there's another gal down south of me. I think there could be something with her. I saw my buddy Brian in Idaho over memorial day. I think the change blew him away. But, some things are still the same, I still have the same furniture ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . Im still waiting for the hammer to drop ... still no such luck.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol

Life can be an interesting story. . . better than what they write for TV!

Marky, I believe there are opportunities for a lot of people. . . as long as you work hard, are dependable, have a good head and can work with people you just need to find the right company and you'll move up.

Only bad thing, as you move up they put more and more on your plate. . . before you know it you are making great money but, you are working all the time. It is a cycle.

I'm working on a job with the local LDS Canery right now. Interesting talking with the guy that runs the place. He had just got a new diesel GMC and I was talking to him about it. Guess he has diesel because they have something like 12,000 gal of fuel storage and want to be able to get food to people in case of emergency.

I'm not much of a Church go-er myself but, I respect a lot of the values the Mormans have. Save 10-percent. . . nothing wrong with that! Take care of your own - heck - the LDS should run our welfare system! I would rather have a bible pusher next door than many others.

Oh and there are some HOT preacher's daughter's out there too! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] AND you know. . . they are the wild ones! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

I think you're right about there being opportunities for people that work hard and are dependable and it does depend on the company. As far as being a bible pusher, I'm not so sure thats what I'll be into. But, I do like serving, and deep down I think most of you know that I have always been like that. We've got a retirement community in our area and they were pretty resistant to anykind of food storage or emergency prep when I took on the assignment. I taught them that we live less than 1/2 mile from the Wasatch Fault line that should produce at 6.0 within the next 100 years. The rupture will cause a 20-30 foot drop in about 3 seconds. Once they understood that and the issues with public utilities, they were fully on board. I think its a matter of everyone doing what they can, so we can all pull together when a disaster happens. I guess its like helping someone on the dunes. You see a crash and help anyway you can. And, you cant beat the feeling afterwards. Im sure everyone cant store 12,000 gallons of diesel, but wouldnt it be nice to know someone who does? Also, I think there's something to be said for family life, not that I have much experience with it. From the study I've been doing, I think it could be a good thing. Its definately something different for me. I used to head to the dunes every weekend with a bottle of something, and a cooler full of beer and just make new friends on the spot. Some stayed friends, some didnt. Not exactly the stability that one might be looking for long term, and I'm now one of those looking for stability. I too have spent some time down at the church storehouse. Man, there's a lot of needy out there! It made me think how fricken lucky I've been, even when I seemed to be trashing my life down the toilet. 43 years old now, and pretty much 7 years that I cant get back. So, I have some time I have to make up.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ERBEDS650

Hey if you cant find everclear, will 151 rum also work???</end quote></div>

No, the rum will make it nasty!
It doesn't necessarily have to be Everclear either. Here's my take, not that you asked... Blackhawk lhooked me on this stuff and it's been a favorite of mine since. I did have to tinker with his recipe a little though to make it not so sweet. And I also found out that if you use higher than 180 proof it taste MUCH better. Ask some of the guys at last years DS Days, and this years 4SW. I only had one complaint about the spiciness so I think it's close to being a drink that across the board most folks will like.
Pretty much the same except I use 3/4 cup Brown sugar and 3/4 cup honey vice a cup of each, a handful of cinnamon sticks if you can find them in bulk, same amount of whole cloves, and the trick to it all is 190 proof Spring Creek. Quite a bit smoother than Everclear, doesn't have that rubbing alcohol smell either. If you can't find the Spring Creek ask your local distributor if he can get the 190 Everclear. They do make it, I've got four bottles in the cupboard on stand by. Try not to use sweetened apple juice. Just pure natural juice works best, or so the taste testing masses say.

ALERT for you California people. Our great state banned the sale of any liquor over 151 proof back in the Spring. I now have to go to Nevada to get the 190 and they don't carry Spring Creek so it's Everclear until I can make a trip back to Arkansas. Enjoy, but in moderation.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Ace its sounds like a Mexico trip is due!!!!
Tequila, 190 everclear, pacificos, lobster, now thats a road trip!!

Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

If you can guarantee the safe return of myself and my two DS's I'm all about some of that! Been wanting to do a Mexico trip for some time now. Just gotta get deeper into the place than TJ. I hear horror tales but so many people do it that it can't be all bad.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Ohhh found a side effect with apple pie, may cause exhaust clean out!

Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

have one of them kentucky boys send you some. i heard a rumor that its everywhere back there. as far as for me i will stick to my grey goose and cranberry