Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Quad Prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad Prices

Hello, I'm new to the forums but have been gathering info by the boatload. Looking at buying my first atv and was at one of the local dealer's asking questions...do they price match, etc. Of course they said yes, which brings me to my first question. The rep said all the dealers pay the same price for a particular atv from the factory. Is this true? Or are they trying to steer me down a certain road? If so, it just seems like the dealer that wants your money the worst will give you the best deal. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
PH

Old 11-07-2002, 01:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default Quad Prices

The dealers do pay the same price. Some make money of a few high dollar sales, others make money of volume. Just be sure to pick your dealer wisely as a good dealer is worth his weight in gold.

Old 11-07-2002, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quad Prices

Many dealers are willing to chop at least a few hundred $ off a new quad. Others like to play "the new car game" and tack on fees for set up, business fees, etc. In general, I've found that the dealers who are a little futher out from the main cities are more willing to deal and not add on fees. Many of the "in town" dealers where I live start with a price that's $400 above MSRP so if they deal at all they deal down from an inflated figure.

There are many ATV dealers around, if you don't like a deal - move on.

Jaybee

Old 11-07-2002, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Quad Prices

I myself refuse to pay the MSRP. If you can purchase one for $200.00 or $300.00 under MSRP and talk them into throwing in shipping and assembly you have got a good deal. This dosent include tax of course.

Old 11-07-2002, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Quad Prices

Thanks a lot everyone. Now, would it help to buy accessories at the same time, could I expect to get a deal on helmet, tie down straps, ramps, etc.? They (obviously) were pushing me to buy soon and said they had a deal for a 2000# warn winch for $70 going on now, I'm sure deals like this will continue? I won't have the money to buy for a couple of months, that is why I've started looking for dealers now. BTW, their prices (I believe) were MSRP...$6,999 for a kawi prairie 650.
Thanks,
ph

Old 11-07-2002, 09:37 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quad Prices

The dealer that I've dealt with the most around here (Kawi, Suz, Yam) will make great deals on accessories when you buy your quad. If you buy extra stuff at the same time you can get helmets and other accessories at or near cost.

You should be able to find P-650's for $6,500 plus tax almost anywhere. Some have reported prices as low as 6,200-6,300. MSRP is $6,999.

Jaybee

Old 11-07-2002, 05:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Quad Prices

Pilothouse, pick up a copy of Indiana Auto and RV. There is an add in there every week where a Kawasaki dealer is advertizing Prairie 650's for 6099 out the door not including tax. I don't remember the dealer but if you pick up that mag(which is free by the way) you won't miss it. Also, there are two versions of the mag one is for cars the other for farm equipment, trucks, ATV's cycles etc. It comes out on Friday's

Old 11-12-2002, 12:52 AM
Range Rover
Default Quad Prices

Jaybeecon55,

Your exactly right in saying that <U>"dealers that are further out of town" are willing to deal a bit more</U>. I will tell you my story which is the following:

I am buying a 600 Twin very soon and so I decided to call every dealer in my state (New Mexico) and found the best price is 3 hours South of where I live but he is $600 below MSRP + TTL (about $200 total). Every dealer here in town will drop about $400-500 off the MSRP but then will add in $500 for destination, which cost them only $150 in shipping and $30 for fluids to get the quad up and running. The city slicker dealers really like to make a buck on these units...no I am not asking them to give it away but give a honest, future customer a break.....right....ride on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2002, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Quad Prices

The $70 deal on the winch is straight from Yamaha...The dealer isnt gaining or loosing anything. Dont rush your purchase becouse of that. The dealer will tell you you can only get the winch for $70 this month, Next month it will be the $400 original price for the winch. He wont tell you that Yamaha (or whatever model) will probably re-issue the same special next month. A buddy of mine bought a Big Bear about 10 months ago, and was told he would need to make the purchase before the end of the month to get the $70 winch, and he did. I went to the same dealer two days ago, and he told me that if I buy a Yamaha this month...guess what...I can get a winch for $70. The special has been going on all year!
Oh BTW, more on the winch subject, Our dealers here sell you the winch for $70, but charge $85 to put it on. The buddy of mine (who is not mechanically inclined) installed his in 45 minutes...Dont throw the $$$ away, do it yourself, its simple, and everything you need comes with the winch