Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Buying a new ATV allready have a polaris 850 XPS

Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new ATV allready have a polaris 850 XPS

I bought the 2010 polaris sportsman 850 XPS, and i really dont like it. The 4x4 system is fine, but tbh i would like to have a 4x4 system like Yamaha or Arctic cat. Where you can choose if the differential is locked or open.

And on polaris the Front wheels move slower then the rear wheels when the 4x4 is engaged upto 20 KM/H , u can see it here: YouTube - Polaris AWD demonstration

What that causes is when driving in snow the rear wheels digs in and u will get stuck in the snow...

And i found out a 550 is big enough for me i think atleast.. So what atv should i get? I do NOT want a polaris. Any suggestions? I have thought on the Arctic cat or the Yamaha grizzly, but not sure.. any suggestions? and what is good on arctic cat and on yamaha?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

id say check the cam am bombadeir out you would love the way they ride and handle i have a out lander 400 and it handles anything i went mudding today and put it right up over the handle bars in water and pulled through it with the stock tires and the 400 tops out at 60 but the 650 is a better quad you have 60 hp and lots of power for what ever you are going to do with it but its your choice the canam has a extramly smoth ride for trail ridding

Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Check out the Suzuki King Quad 750. You'll probably buy it. Absolutely love mine.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Between Yamaha and Arctic Cat I'd go with the Grizzly.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

Unfortunately i don't have much information to help u make a choice, but u guys that do need to give more. Saying buy this because i have it and i like it and between arctic cat and yamaha go with yamaha, i mean that doesn't help him out. Why the grizzly over the arctic cat, why the outlander or king quad instead of what he is looking at, etc. More descriptive here people lol.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

I have a Cat and love it, works great all around. The PoPo does give a more comfortable ride.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Rob3800
Unfortunately i don't have much information to help u make a choice, but u guys that do need to give more. Saying buy this because i have it and i like it and between arctic cat and yamaha go with yamaha, i mean that doesn't help him out. Why the grizzly over the arctic cat, why the outlander or king quad instead of what he is looking at, etc. More descriptive here people lol.
I like the KQ because it just felt right. Take it out of the box and ride it... It's that simple...

I see guys buying other machines for more money than the KQ and then spending BIG $$$ on suspension upgrades and similar items because they didn't like the stock performance...

The KQ may not be the best at every aspect of riding but I think Suzuki engineers made all the right choices to produce a machine that balances all tasks well. It is a great all around machine and I think it provides the best "bang for the buck" compared to anything else out there.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Trailblazer

I second the King Quad, not only do I love mine but it seems that they seem to be the best all around machine for the money!

Old 04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

On the suzuki king quad, is there manual differential lock? and how is the braking system? is it one brake lever or ?

Old 04-12-2011, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by zorroman
On the suzuki king quad, is there manual differential lock? and how is the braking system? is it one brake lever or ?
KQ has a 2WD/4WD selector switch on the right handlebar. Once the switch is depressed to the 4WD position there is a second switch that is used to activate differential lock mode by flipping it up over the 2WD/4WD switch. Works fantastic in my opinion. I am also very impressed with the regular 4WD when it's not locked. The regular 4WD has very impressive traction in my opinion. I only very rarely require the diff lock but it's nice to know that when I lock it it's locked. PERIOD.

Braking system has separate front and rear brakes on the handlebars plus a rear brake pedal.

The KQ has another nice feature too... The gear selector lever doesn't look like it belongs on a tractor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a new ATV allready have a polaris 850 XPS