Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Buying a new atv Rincon or Grizzly ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a new atv Rincon or Grizzly ?

I'm thinking about buying another atv. I"m not new to riding or atvs but I want a few honest opinions . I was honda all the way at one time then i bought my girl friend a Yamaha Bruin now called 350 grizzly and I loved riding that 4-wheeler . I had a rubicon but sold it and bought a 700 Rhino which I really enjoy .. I know the differences between the Grizzly and the Rincon such as belt drive vs non belt , locking 4-wheel drive vs limited slip . I just want your honest opinions on these two quads . I will be riding various trails some in the mountains others flat land and I don't need a quad for working and I stay out of the mud and i never put the quad in a place i might get stuck or possibly tear something up . Thanks for your help ..

Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

For the type of riding you do I would without a question go for the RINCON.. The only worry is the mountain riding you speak of.. the rincon is not known for its engine braking but as long as you arent going down super steep hills...or like me believe that using the brakes down a hill is perfectly normal.. and actually I have never had issue with my 07 rincon engine braking seems plenty I heard the older 2005 and older ones had terrible engine braking.. I also heard the new model have better engine braking than the 07 I have so it would be more than enough..

The ride and handling on the Rincon is pretty much the best of any 4x4 atv I have had the pleasure of beating on..

The grizzly is a nice machine but you dont care about mud riding so diff lock doesnt matter.

The RINCON is the best trail machine i have ridden for fast spirited trail riding.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by unit6666
For the type of riding you do I would without a question go for the RINCON.. The only worry is the mountain riding you speak of.. the rincon is not known for its engine braking but as long as you arent going down super steep hills...or like me believe that using the brakes down a hill is perfectly normal.. and actually I have never had issue with my 07 rincon engine braking seems plenty I heard the older 2005 and older ones had terrible engine braking.. I also heard the new model have better engine braking than the 07 I have so it would be more than enough..

The ride and handling on the Rincon is pretty much the best of any 4x4 atv I have had the pleasure of beating on..

The grizzly is a nice machine but you dont care about mud riding so diff lock doesnt matter.

The RINCON is the best trail machine i have ridden for fast spirited trail riding.
You know I was leaning towards the Rincon . But I do like the belt drive on the yamaha how it keeps you in peak power so to say and yes the engine breaking is nice but not nessary .

Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Grizzly advantages: much more power 45hp vs 38hp ( But Power is not everthing),Awd diff lock ( But Traction is not everything) and a low range (But Low end grunt is not every thing)

Rincon advantages : Its a Honda.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Best you just ride both and decide for yourself! I personally see no advantages that the Rincon gives! Diff lock can be used for way more than mudd riding for things like snow rocks you name it. You know things that quads were designed for. There is a reason the Grizz is the number one selling utility made!

Old 02-24-2011, 03:44 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When did the Griz start outselling the Sportsman?