Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Chinese ATV manufacturer is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought my daughter (5 at the time) a 50cc Chinese quad a number of years ago. Which the motor always started and ran ok I had issues with the metal on the swingarm and the connecting material. I asked a race car buddy of mine and he was talking about the Metallurgy of the atv. He mentioned that the metal is just not as strong as the Japanese (or US) metal. Now keep in mind I had no issues with the Motor, just everything else. I could never get the chain to stay tight and many times the metal just bent or broke. Shortly after we had that quad I bought her a Kawasaki KFX90, night and day difference. The KFX just oozed quality. Ofcourse the funny thing is the KFX90 is a rebranded Kymco

Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Kymco is a Korean company that is leaps and bounds better than the Chinese manufacturers. They started off a little rough but have consistently improved their products each year.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Motorized fun company

I don't know if this atv is available anymore. The 125 cc model my wife bought used is a 2004 model and all I've had to do is clean the carb replace fuel lines. this little machine has both a kick and electric starter lol.

I'm a fit 170lbs ride it with no problems but if i break it i know it was not made for a canadian/american adult. the frame is twice the diameter of most of the 110cc peices of crap that i see everywhere. I've driven over 1.5 inch diameter saplings with it . great little machine. if buying one look at the frame make sure it doesn't look luilt ike tin piping, 2 realize most kids don't weight 200lbs they are not built for adults riding hard. someone was upset broke a shaft hitting 6" bump well tin tubing sucks look at what you bought and ride accordingly, if you want to ride a certain way make sure the machine can ride harder then you want it to be run

Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

This is too late to answer of this question. I would like to suggest you to try made-in-china.com the no.1 Chinese portal you can find thousands of atv dealers and manufacturers listed with millions of their inventories. I am sure that will help you a lot.

Used atvs Dealers from USA.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'll stick with HONDA!!

Old 09-30-2019, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
Yep- you're right. The thousands of negetive reviews and constant bonardment of facts and examples of how Chinese atvs are junk have nothing on your 1St post review on how great Chinese quads are.

Then again- you also claim to have snapped a babied Polaris driveshaft while going over a "small bump" (eventhough a small bump would really have no effect on the driveshaft)

-
I don't think all Chinese ATVs are terrible. I bought an SSR TX 150 pitbike and that thing can take a real beating. I've never really had any problems with it and I've had it for 4 years now. So yes some Chinese products are okay to buy. Just make sure you put locktite on every bolt when you assemble it from the crate. To be honest my Honda dirtbike blew it's motor before my Chinese SSR had any problems.

Old 09-30-2019, 06:36 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Calem Campbell
I don't think all Chinese ATVs are terrible. I bought an SSR TX 150 pitbike and that thing can take a real beating. I've never really had any problems with it and I've had it for 4 years now. So yes some Chinese products are okay to buy. Just make sure you put locktite on every bolt when you assemble it from the crate. To be honest my Honda dirtbike blew it's motor before my Chinese SSR had any problems.
now THAT'S how to resurrect a thread! 🤣🤘

Old 11-16-2019, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default reply

I am not going to say they are great but I have had 3 Tao Tao scooters and they all were decent, I bought them to flip, I bought a Tao Tao 2009 110 a week ago, needed some minor repair but is running good so far, time will tell.

Last edited by mopedmike; 11-16-2019 at 08:02 AM. Reason: added words