Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Chinese ATV manufacturer is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bman900
Which Chinese ATV manufacturers build the most reliable, best handling ATV in the 200-400cc range? I have seen prices range from $900 - $2500 among the Chinese makes. Are there any particular re-sellers out there that have good customer service? Which ones should I avoid?

If anyone has an ATV like this please tell me about your experience.
I have a 2010 chinese quad and it sucks like crazy. everything falls apart. not worth it, i would rather buy a old raptor than chinese crap

Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

not to put you down,but they sell cheaper for a reason! You can polish a turd all you want but in the end its still a turd. Think of it this way,How many "chinese" vehicals do you see around? Now how many"Japanese" or "American" vehicals do you see around? Exactly!!!

Old 08-07-2011, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer
Location: trx 90, 2010 honda fouurtrax es recon 250, 2011 honda efi es rancher 420

jetmoto, theyre awesome

Old 08-07-2011, 07:07 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bman900
Which Chinese ATV manufacturers build the most reliable, best handling ATV in the 200-400cc range? I have seen prices range from $900 - $2500 among the Chinese makes. Are there any particular re-sellers out there that have good customer service? Which ones should I avoid?

If anyone has an ATV like this please tell me about your experience.

haha

that's like asking which smells better... a cesspool or a fresh pile of dog shat

Old 08-07-2011, 09:11 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Wow a resurrected 3.5 yr old thread.. hmmm which one is best now?

Jetmoto sells neon clocks and parts for some of the quads they sold...

IF I was gonna buy one...and I wouldnt... Tao Tao would be the one.. maybe not the best.. but they are the only atv's coming out of China that are made in the factory thats written on the tank..There is actually a Tao Tao factory in China.

In case anyone wonders..... Tao Tao is pronounced like cow cow but with a t instead of a c..

Old 08-07-2011, 09:40 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Wow a resurrected 3.5 yr old thread.. hmmm which one is best now?

In case anyone wonders..... Tao Tao is pronounced like cow cow but with a t instead of a c..
damn you markism & mudslingingfool for sucking me in!

mmmmmm cow cow

Old 08-07-2011, 09:44 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

hmmm-

thinking the op isn't around anymore? last log in date was 2/4/08- 7 days later.

must've bought the 7 day trial pass before deciding not to become a "supporting member"

Old 08-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

3 years old,huh. It was late last night when i saw his thread. I never look at dates. I just assumed it was a new thread considering the date of the last post was yesterday. oh well.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have exhaustively researched these chinese quads... we have 3 kids (ages 4,5,8) and cannot afford new atvs.

With all the horror stories I see here and a few other places, it's really made the decision very difficult. In the end we went with the China quads and glad we did.

First of all, we have a polaris quad and my brother and friends all have Hondas and Yamahas. Their atv's are always breaking down, as does ours. We have an '04 Polaris 500HO that's been garage kept and babied. Last year the driveshaft on the Polaris snapped where the weld is, simply going over a small uphill bump. Talk about finding parts?? The Polaris schematics didn't even list the driveshaft... and once we finally found it, $200. What a pain it was ripping the rear down and getting it out of there. In the end I sent the original out to get welded and saved $150, but getting the shaft back in was just as bad.

Now, bear with me here... remember when the Japanese bikes first hit the market? What did you hear? "jap-crap"... everyone said the same about jap bikes as they are saying about the china bikes now. And don't get me wrong, the jap bikes today are definitely higher quality than the china bikes, but for 1/4th the price, that's what I expect.

In the end I decided to get 3 china quads for the price of a used jap quad and decided to give them a full over when the crates come. That means proper engine break in, locktite on everything, new fluids, aftermarket rear shock and rear axle spacers (to add a few inches to rear axle width).

One of the things that highly influenced my decision is a little razor dirtbike we have that someone put one of these 110cc china engines on. You can't kill that engine. I'm not saying it's on par with a real Honda motor, but for what it is, an excellent engine that starts right up and runs quite well.

I've decided to do a full and thorough review on these when they come in. That means before I open the crates I'll going to make a video review and go over everything. It's hard to find good info. on these, so maybe this will help some people out... and if these do end up being junk, then the proof will be in the video.

By the way, these quads are not going to be raced or jumped. We have 43.3 miles of groomed atv trails that the kids will ride on with us for camping trips. I think they will work just fine for what we need.

Just as an after-thought... I see 200-250 pound men getting on these little 110's and 125's and beating the crap out of them.... I can only assume these are the same guys two weeks later complaining about what crap they are.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:21 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Wizzik

With all the horror stories I see here and a few other places, it's really made the decision very difficult. In the end we went with the China quads and glad we did.

First of all, we have a polaris quad and my brother and friends all have Hondas and Yamahas. Their atv's are always breaking down, as does ours. We have an '04 Polaris 500HO that's been garage kept and babied. Last year the driveshaft on the Polaris snapped where the weld is, simply going over a small uphill bump. Talk about finding parts?? The Polaris schematics didn't even list the driveshaft... and once we finally found it, $200. What a pain it was ripping the rear down and getting it out of there. In the end I sent the original out to get welded and saved $150, but getting the shaft back in was just as bad.

Now, bear with me here... remember when the Japanese bikes first hit the market? What did you hear? "jap-crap"... everyone said the same about jap bikes as they are saying about the china bikes now. And don't get me wrong, the jap bikes today are definitely higher quality than the china bikes, but for 1/4th the price, that's what I expect.

In the end I decided to get 3 china quads for the price of a used jap quad and decided to give them a full over when the crates come. That means proper engine break in, locktite on everything, new fluids, aftermarket rear shock and rear axle spacers (to add a few inches to rear axle width).

One of the things that highly influenced my decision is a little razor dirtbike we have that someone put one of these 110cc china engines on. You can't kill that engine. I'm not saying it's on par with a real Honda motor, but for what it is, an excellent engine that starts right up and runs quite well.

I've decided to do a full and thorough review on these when they come in. That means before I open the crates I'll going to make a video review and go over everything. It's hard to find good info. on these, so maybe this will help some people out... and if these do end up being junk, then the proof will be in the video.

By the way, these quads are not going to be raced or jumped. We have 43.3 miles of groomed atv trails that the kids will ride on with us for camping trips. I think they will work just fine for what we need.

Just as an after-thought... I see 200-250 pound men getting on these little 110's and 125's and beating the crap out of them.... I can only assume these are the same guys two weeks later complaining about what crap they are.

Yep- you're right. The thousands of negetive reviews and constant bonardment of facts and examples of how Chinese atvs are junk have nothing on your 1St post review on how great Chinese quads are.

Then again- you also claim to have snapped a babied Polaris driveshaft while going over a "small bump" (eventhough a small bump would really have no effect on the driveshaft)

-

Quick Reply: Which Chinese ATV manufacturer is the best?