Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

Which Chinese ATV is Good?

Old 04-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Chinese ATV is Good?

Minnesota is fun. I go up in Northern MN in the forests, they have alot of thick woods trails, with mud holes, log covered trails, bogs, marsh, rocky terrain, about every kind of riding there is. I have a Utility quad, though i treat it like a sport sometimes, like jumping, and racing around the gravel pits. If your an outdoorsman like me (hunter, fisher, camper, long day trail riding) a utility is best. I chose AC because they have unlimited possibilities with the speedrack. I can "quick attatchabout anything, from a gun scabbard, to a camp kitchen platform with a stove, to a sprayer, to a chainsaw,................... It goes on and on. I also do alot of rock crawling, and log crawling when im lost in the middle of the woods! So I needed alot of power, along with the ground clearance, and diff lock. Im just an avid outdoors person, so i am more of a Utility quad guy, and yes, a utility will probably carry more beer!!

Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

That's cool. U say u got an AC atv. I am not familiar with that brand. Is that Japan or some other import?
Yeah, I'm thinking of utility because as much as I enjoy sport riding and manual tranny, I know they suck for crawling over logs or navigating thru trails. Plus a straight axle is a bumpy ride on rough trails. I'm debating whether to go rear independent suspension or straight axle. Do u haul your atv on a trailer or do u use ramps to get it in your truck bed for atv trips? Assuming u drive a truck. I got a 2500 series Chevy ext cab long bed with toolbox, so i got the room, but i'm considering switching to a smaller ride for better gas mileage. My big Chevy is horrible on gas, but great for scaring people on the hwy. Most people get out of my way. heh hee hee hee.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AC, or Arctic Cat, is American, and it has full front and rear independent suspension. I have a Chevy Silverado 4x4, 1500, and drive my quad right into the back of it for a trip to the trails. And yes, you would probably like an automatic better. I went from manual to auto, and will never go back. Take a look at Arctic Cat and see what you think. Im sure you have a dealer near you somewere. You can look up Arctic Cat on the Internet also to look at some of the selection. I personally wanted one with a ton of power, so i got the V2. Its a great machine, with plenty of power! The H1 is also a great machine, with a little less power, but a lower low range gear for pulling.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

The Suzuki Ozark is another good choice. Yamaha has the 250 Bruin which is an updated Beartracker.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

I know someone with a 250 Ozark and he likes it. very torquey for a smaller atv. I think I may just buy a new 250 or 300 or a larger motor used atv utility. U guys have talked me outta the China atvs. They r so cheap, but I get the feeling u get what u pay for, right? I know how I like to ride and I push an atv on trails. I'd hate to waste $1500 on a China quad and bend the frame off one jump. I hear their steel is soft and low quality.
I read an article on Artic Cat that they were building their new atvs in CHina. i hate to say it, but that's going to lower their quality considerably.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2006, 11:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Actually, they are building an Arctic Cat Plant about 20minutes north of me in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and will be operating in 2007.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer

I know i read some where they were starting a division in China. Maybe it was just a rumor. Although some manufacturers fab their parts over seas and assemble them here in the states to lower cost. Kinda like how when i call for tech support with some companies i do business with and an operator from India picks up my call. I just love it when someone working over in foreign land making $6/hr takes my call and inquires what my date of birth and social security number is to verify my account. I feel real secure revealing that info, u know?
Sorry for my rant, but I'll check out the AC atvs just the same dude. I'm signing off. I'm outta beer and I gotta get some sleep for an early rise tomorrow.
Later on man.

Old 04-29-2006, 04:29 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All those used Honda's are still high priced, huh. So, what is that telling you?????? Class dismissed!

Old 04-29-2006, 08:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

WTF

Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Trailblazer

I hear u on Honda retaining its value. Sometimes when I see used atvs online for sale of one particular model I get sceptical it might be a problem child. I see tons os sport manual trans atvs online for cheap, but the utility ones seem to demand a higher resale......especially 4x4.
My friend has a Polaris Trailblazer (I think its that model) and it rides alright. What do u think about Polaris? They seem a little cheaper compared to the competition.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Chinese ATV is Good?