Buying an ATV Questions and suggestions about what to buy, financing, insurance, etc.

DONT BUY FROM CHAMPION POWERSPORTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DONT BUY FROM CHAMPION POWERSPORTS

Whatever you do, dont buy online from these guys. For that matter, if you like customer service, dont buy in person from these guys. I have been around and around with them about my purchase. They promised me the world delivered to my door and when my beautiful toy arrived it was more than they said with 1200.00 in extra charges that they failed to mention and they said if I didnt take delivery I would be charged a hefty delivery charge they supposedly didnt charge for. Its really costing me now. The salesman, Jimmy, wouldnt do anything to help me out. When I called him when the my baby z arrived he told me he would take care of the 100 over charge when he quoted me 5299.00. I called twice a day everyday of the week and he brushed me off. Wouldnt even send me a helmet to make up for my problems. On top of all that, how many people can get a dream machine and can leave it sitting because you cant ride it legally. I was supposed to recieve my Manufacturers certificate of origin and never did. Took a week to get it and it the name on it was wrong. Been since 5/22/03 and still havent gotten it corrected. Little do they know the attorney general, the better business bureau, the federal trade commission and a few consumer protection agencies have been contacted. Tell me if you think I have been wronged here. I thank everyone for any input you may have. Please, once again, do not buy from these guys. Think to yourselves what a rider would go through not being able to ride because of someone elses lack of symapthy for the customer but love for their dollar. Thanks people and safe and happy ridin.

Old 06-22-2003, 11:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey i believe you i have some @$$ holes for dealers but not as bad as champion powersports.

Old 07-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

Since my last post this company has been very accomodating to my needs. I have had no problems with them since and am very satisfied with the customer service. I never meant for it to come to this but dont try to take advatage of the little guys in this World. I know I only live once and Im getting mine. Noone is going to take advantage of me, I garauntee it. Once again, this company has been more than gracious in their generosity. Took a bit of coaxing but they finally put themselves in my shoes and saw things from my point of view. Thanks again. With the internet today, bad business spreads alot farther and faster than way back when. Im glad it didnt have to go any further. I would recommend this company once again, just make sure you ask about all the charges. That was my problem, I never asked till it was too late. A mistake on both our parts.

Old 07-12-2003, 07:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the one iam talkin a bout anrt champion. but i was gonna buy a new warrior from them and they wouldnt talk to me cuz iam under 16

Old 08-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I saw an advertisement for Champion Powersports in a local sales paper, they had a "Buddy Pack Deal".
2 ATV's, 1 Trailer, 2 helmets ect., if you qualify for the financing. I know for a fact that my husband and I, both have excelant credit, he is a 9...I am a 10, the only thing better is 2--10's. This person I spoke to
(I'll call him Mr. C), was all enthusiatic and we almost had a deal. He called for a credit check....then called me back, it seems that we didn't qualify to pay $25.00 a month per ATV...but, we did qualify to pay $39.00 a month per ATV (without the "Buddy Pack Deal"....which includes...no Trailer...no helmets, ect.) We told Mr. C, no...it doesn't make much sense to me, why my credit isn't good enough to pay $50.00 a month....but, is good enough to pay $78.00 a month, which is $28.00 more a month....and so, if I can't afford $50...how can I afford $28 more?????? I wasn't born under a rock!!!
He went round and round with me over the phone trying to get me to OK this deal....I kept telling him that I was through dealing....he said "let me call you back" after talking to his manager, he called..."what can I do to get these Atv's delivered to you tonight"? I told him...give me the deal I called about, because I know that our credit is excelant. He said...let me call back ...I'll talk to the finance person. The finance person called back....we went round and round.....I settled on a deal with 1 ATV at $25.00, and 1 at $39.00 a month......plus the Trailer, helmets, ect. everything that was in the original "Buddy Pack Deal"......except an upgrade on 1 ATV. He said that he would take the deal to Mr. C....and call back. They haven't called back. Which, I didn't really expect them to.
Just letting you all know that, no matter how good your credit is......you will never qualify for what is advertised. To bad it can't be proven......but, that could be concidered ... False Advertising!!!