ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Ste Gen Motopark, Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A new MX / TT track has opened near Ste. Genevieve, Missouri. They host ATV & dirtbike races. Also the track is open daily for riding or practice ($10).

The promoter is friendly and tries to accommodate all racers in his MX / TT program. They are considering dirt drags as an addition to their facility. For more information you can check out their website (stegenmotopark).

Old 10-01-2002, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Darren, what kind of tires are used for dirt drag? This track sounds exciting. I will try to make it up there for the Nov 3rd TT race. You should enter. As I said before, I have extra parts. When I get my Dyna ignition back, you'll have to check it out. That thing is awesome (when it works right). Did you get your pro-pegs to fit?

I hope it wasn't you driving the train that derailed at Randalls last week![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guy's they are having an ATV Jamboree at Silver Lake Raceway on October 13th which is south of Clever Missouri.

Old 10-01-2002, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

Richard,

For dirt drags, we generally use Pro Wedge tires. I have a set of Pro Wedge 501's which are 22x10x9. Most people use the Pro Wedge II which is 22x10x8. They are similar tread patterns, but I wanted the 9" rim.

As far as the TT race, I entered the one this past weekend. I took second in the Open A class. I got second in the first race (heat), and second in the final race (feature). That was with my stock chassis. There were only 4 bikes in the race, but they were all very good riders with bikes set up for flat track racing. I slowed them down in the corners, but I was too fast in the straights for them to be able to make a pass on me. It was hard racing, no doubt! (I forgot to mention, that my rear brakes went out during the second lap of the 7 lap feature race.)

I saw your post on the Dyna ignition. Sounds very impressive. I may have to try one someday.

I did not end up buying any nerfs. I think that I'm going to wait to get a four stroke for those kind of mods. I will probably just keep the Banshee about like it is.

Maybe we can go riding sometime. I just used up my last vacation days so I'll be limited when I can go. By the way, that wasn't me on the train that derailed. I work for the BNSF that runs through Chaffee. Unfortunately, a couple of my co-workers hit that tractor trailer down in Vanduser. Very bad deal for the truck driver and for the train crew. Anyways, we'll have to get together sometime.

Daren