ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

need price advice on a 110 ATC

Old 04-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need price advice on a 110 ATC

Found one for sale locally. It's a 1984 110 ATC. I have not seen the 3 wheeler in person but in talking to the seller, the machine has been sitting for about 5 years. Its completely stock and everything is intact. Good tires and plastics. Pull start only. So sounds like everything is there.

Seller is asking $300. Is it worth it. How much should I offer him?

He however left the gas in the tank and i'm certain carb need to be cleaned if not rebuilt. Where can I buy a carb kit for this 110? Can you tell me how much it is? Do the gas tanks rust all the time from sitting for a long time? Any other things I should look for or consider?

I've never worked on these things before so I'm completely clueless. Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated. thanks

Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Its kinda good if he left a full tank of gas in it as it would not rust with a full tank. 300 is a great price but allways try less like 275 or so. E-bay has carb kits for around 20 bucks all new jets and gaskets. If you dont get it let me know I might look at it for that price!!!Thanks Mike

Old 04-24-2010, 10:14 AM
2 strokes or 4

Welcome to the forum. First off 300 isn't too much if it's intact. when you go to look at it first thing put it in neutral and try to move it alot of times after a bike has been sitting up for so long the brake pads will seize to the drums if it rolls then you're already ahead in the game. Also try to pull on the pull cord to make sure the engine's not seized. The tank will be rusted but that's not a problem if it's bad just get some tank liner like Redkote. The carb. will need to be cleaned but that isn't hard either once you get it I could talk you through that. I have restored a few 3 wheelers in my time and I don't even try to start a bike when I go buy one. If it looks descent I would get it, it's a honda so chances are with a little tlc she'll be beack running in no time. Once you get it get a new spark plug, clean the gas tank, clean the carb. make sure the throttle cable is working correctly as in not binding up, get a new air filter and see what happens. Did the seller say why it was laid up? P.S. Honda 3 wheelers are bullet proof probably the worst one I ever got was a 250sx that was under about 6' of water during hurricane Katrina I drug it home cleaned it did a motor flush changed the parts I listed above and it started on the 3rd kick been running great ever since.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sdm111
Did the seller say why it was laid up?
Thanks for the great advise so far.

The 110 was used as a pit bike for go cart racing but they stopped since then. So it just sat in the shed all this time.

Anything I should check as far as the transmission is concern? How about the axle? thx.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM
2 strokes or 4

Great answer for why it was laid up. Most of the time the motors will go before the tranny the gears are real tough. Stand on it and rock it side to side if there's play like clunking side to side then the axle bearings are gone that's about 10.00 on ebay provided that you can get the brake drum off to get the axle out. If memory serves me correctly the axle slides out from the left side.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sdm111
Great answer for why it was laid up. Most of the time the motors will go before the tranny the gears are real tough. Stand on it and rock it side to side if there's play like clunking side to side then the axle bearings are gone that's about 10.00 on ebay provided that you can get the brake drum off to get the axle out. If memory serves me correctly the axle slides out from the left side.
Thanks for all the advise. I will look at the ATC this Monday. Hopefully its in good shape. I'll report back.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by justme23005
You can get a new carb on ebay cheap, rather than trying to rebuild the old one.

HONDA ATC 110 125 CARB carburetor wheeler FREE SHIPPING : eBay Motors (item 180463584103 end time May-01-10 01:49:55 PDT)
Thanks. Thats a great alternative. Carb kit in ebay is $20 with shipping.

For another $20 i get a brand new carb.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to check out the 110 today and it looks good and complete. Plastics are great (couple of small cracks but been repaired). Trunk lid still there and the little tool box underneath. Good decals.

I was able to roll it around so the break is not siezed. Also pulled the cord and I could hear the compression. Seller had coated the inside of the tank a few years back so the tank is OK. Throttle cable moves freely as well. Headlight and taillight is good shape. Seat has no rips at all. Tires are great as well. So it looks like I just need to clean the carb really well, change the plug and in theory it should run.

The head was replaced about a few years back. It also comes with an aftermarket owner's manual (about an inch thick) and some gaskets.

Seller is firm with the $300 price. What you do guys think? I think I'll get it. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:58 PM
2 strokes or 4

I'd get it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need price advice on a 110 ATC