ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

For you 3 wheeler lovers

Old 03-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I'm Bill from TPC trikes.

first off getting the major manufactures to produce three wheelers again is not gonna happen. Why? very simple, they were the ones to initiate the first 10 year ban. they did this in order to save quads. when that ban expired all but Honda entered into the ATV action plan voluntarily that effectively banned them indefinitely. in 2008 the Chinese companies started to make a kids sized three wheeler and the manufactures, this time led by Honda initiated the Now PERMANENT BAN OF ALLO PRODUCTION BASED three wheelers that went into effect Aug 09. (until industry standards can be made and met)

WHY? very simple, because of the bogus media reports they were getting sued to the point they lost all there profits. Honda, being the largest of the companies is now run by the same lawyers who fought in these lawsuits. They do not want to return to court over a issue they know has turned public favor against them.

What a lot or people do not realize is until Aug 09 three wheelers were never actually banned. The Consent decree act, and the ATV action plan were both voluntarily agreed upon by the manufactures including Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris, and Arctic Cat. No other manufacture agreed to these or were held to them. At any time any manufacture, such as KTM or Harley, could have made three wheeler.

also why are street trike legal and off road trikes not? simple...LIVE rear axle!!! street trikes have limited slip and or single wheel drive. Off road trikes have a solid axle. It is the solid axle that makes them "difficult" to turn.

So how is it TPC can get around this ban of Aug 09? simple we do not build production Trikes. We convert quads and build them to order OR the customer can buy one of our kits and do it themselves.

While I'm on that let me clarify what we offer.

No fabrication or welding is done by the customer. We Build the frame, triple clamps, and front hub assembly. After that everything else is direct bolt on from either the TRX or CRF 450. We can also build a complete trike for the customer.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea i already got in touch with ya'll at tpc and i'm currently saving my pennys to get ya'll to build a stock 450 for me... hopefully we can do business soon cuz i want one bad... and thanks for the info, really made it alot more clear then other people have made it...

Old 03-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is awesome to see people still interested in bringing back the 3 wheeler in one form or another. I actually got ahold of CPSC and requested the morbidity reports. TPC I believe has viewed the reports on my old free site (before I moved it to 3ww).

3WHeeLeR WoRLD - 3 Wheeler ATV Accident Reports

You would be amazed at how the 3 wheeler got blammed for EVERYTHING. From kids running into them while parked to drinking/druging to no protective gear or putting kids on over sized bikes. I suggest you take some time and read this post (Another WTF banned 3 wheeler?) and get some real world stats as to what really caused it's demise. There is some funny reports as well in there

Here is some more links:
3 Wheeler Ban...Is it over?
Thesis for CPSC Ban on ATCs

By the way I am Trailerrider on the 3ww. Enjoy.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Another way to get around the ban is to do what I am doing myself. Get a 1970's Honda CB 750 motorcycle. adapt the front forks from a Honda ATC 200 or 250. Adapt the rear ATC axle to the swing arm of the motorcycle frame. Keep everything else on the motorcycle as is, except the signal lights. Fit the rear fenders to the frame, and re-work the exhaust pipe up through the swing-arm opening from underneath. The finished product is a home built, legal 2 person 3-wheeler with 67 HP and 45 ft/lbs torque. An excellent trail cruiser and a blast to drive. Search Google for Honda ATC 750 MSX.