ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

250R Big Bore Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250R Big Bore Kits

I have been wanting to go with a Big bore kit on my 85 atc but am undecided.... 310,330 or power valve??? who makes the best kits?? Is the power valve that much more noticable. Say if I went with a 330 kit verse a smaller powervalve kit what would be better I have been checking all around CT Racing, DRI, ESR. I am looking to spend around $1000 to $1500. I appreciate any help!!

Thanks

Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

What type of riding will you be doing the most????

Old 01-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Trailblazer

Drag racing & some dune riding. I talked to ESR I can get a 350 kit I guess they will stroke my crank 2mm put new seals,bearings,etc. billet head, trx11 port job for $1700 the guy I talked to said it would be the most reliable way to go and still make good power he said around high 50's to low 60's on the HP.He also said that I wouldnt need the PV kit due to I will be using it for drag racing only any input? Does this sound about right?? Good deal?? I already have 38mm A/S, V force, ESR atc 5 pipe

Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

That would be a good setup, you won't need the powervalve for your type of riding. I have a 350pv built by LRD, it's a good setup for all around riding. Strong smooth power right off idle on up, no lag then the big hit you get on a non pv engine.....

Old 01-10-2007, 12:21 AM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Jungle
Drag racing & some dune riding. I talked to ESR I can get a 350 kit I guess they will stroke my crank 2mm put new seals,bearings,etc. billet head, trx11 port job for $1700 the guy I talked to said it would be the most reliable way to go and still make good power he said around high 50's to low 60's on the HP.He also said that I wouldnt need the PV kit due to I will be using it for drag racing only any input? Does this sound about right?? Good deal?? I already have 38mm A/S, V force, ESR atc 5 pipe

if that was Jay at ESR i would do anything he tells you to do. he by far has the faster pro x honda ive ever seen and does most of the advanced motor work for ESR.

$1700 for the cylinder and bottom end rebuild is a great deal. it cost me almost double that for my 350 and bottom end rebuild except i gotta new clutch, water pump rebuild and tranny rebuild. i recommend adding those options. pay now or pay a lot more later.

Old 01-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

I have been wanting to go with a Big bore kit on my 85 atc but am undecided.... 310,330 or power valve??? who makes the best kits?? Is the power valve that much more noticable. Say if I went with a 330 kit verse a smaller powervalve kit what would be better I have been checking all around CT Racing, DRI, ESR. I am looking to spend around $1000 to $1500. I appreciate any help!!

Thanks
If your wanting to race, go as big as possible. ESR has a very good reputation. You have a different piston so I am assuming you already had your Jug ported? If not, I would go that way first. You have a good pipe already so 48 rwhp with your set up should be easily obtained. Throw a boondocker N20 kit on it and hold on! There is a race motor on EBAY right now, check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9511111&rd=1,1

http://www.boondockers.com/site.htm

Old 01-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer

Porting is the only thing I havent done yet! I figured if I was goin to tear it down I would just get a new cylinder with the porting & bigger bore?? I am undecided I am think now of just goin with the 310 ESR top end. I could just get my cylinder ported & see how she runs then do like you said & go with the boondockers I just am worrried about grenading it with the NOS or I could go with the 350 kit & have the power all the time. How big of difference will the porting make on my setup?? How much diff would the bigger cc's make?? I already have the 38mm & v force. Oh yeah FTZ offers that hybrid cylinder is that any good? Thanks

www.ftzracing.com/ATVpg.html

Old 01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

Porting is the only thing I havent done yet! I figured if I was goin to tear it down I would just get a new cylinder with the porting & bigger bore?? I am undecided I am think now of just goin with the 310 ESR top end. I could just get my cylinder ported & see how she runs then do like you said & go with the boondockers I just am worrried about grenading it with the NOS or I could go with the 350 kit & have the power all the time. How big of difference will the porting make on my setup?? How much diff would the bigger cc's make?? I already have the 38mm & v force. Oh yeah FTZ offers that hybrid cylinder is that any good? Thanks

A good ported and dyno tuned cyclinder will running pretty good. I can only guess, but with your pipe I would say you would see a 3~6 peak horsepower gain. But keep in mind, its not so much the peak rather the amount of power that is gain throughout the powerband. It will come on sooner and last longer. I have rode both a 310 and 330 ESR kit on quads and right out of the box, and ported and tuned stock jug will run right with them. I would recommand going this route first. Don't have any experience with N20. You can get a good port and tune for under a grand

Old 01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

Dont know about the FTZ cylinder either, sorry

Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

Well I finally did it I went with the 310 kit from ESR with the trx11 port job. WOW this thing rips when the top end hits you better be holding on I am really impressed with it! ESR totally hooked me up they sent me all the hardware & gaskets heck they even sent me a bunch of jets for my application I was very impressed with there customer support I called them a few times during install they were very helpful. I even got 3 day shipping no charge!

I have a ? about the 38mm A/S I put an airbox eliminator with the K&N I cant get the tube from the carb to the k&n thru the frame & shock. I moved the resevoir for the shock but its tight I had to force the carb over to squeeze it thru is there a different intake I should use to help with this or is there a better way of getting this thru there?? I am using stock atc intake. I have a cr250 intake but it seems the angle off the reed cage is different seems like it would be worse. Any help from someone who has had the same prob. would be awesome!

I also just bought a FTZ drag pipe I havent gotten it yet hopefully today. What type of gains will I recieve from this & will I have to bump up the main jet. I am currently running 50 pilot 182 main clip on 3rd position I think its still lean I just got it together 2 days ago so I am still messing with it. I dont think its far off. Im in MI so elevation is low. ESR recomended the jetting I have in ther now.

Cr style ignition does anybody have any input on them I was pondering this to be my next upgrade is it worth it do you notice a difference.

Sorry for such the long post I just had so many ??s

Thanks