ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Kazuma quads...worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma quads...worth it?

I can get a seemingly pretty good deal on a Kazuma 250 quad. Haven't really heard of that brand before. I assume it is a Chinese made vehicle...am I correct? I know they are pretty cheap new, are they really that bad or is it worth spending 3x's the money on a trusted brand?
Sorry, I know this has nothing to do w/trikes...but I figured you guys would have an idea.

Old 11-01-2006, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, you are correct the Kazuma is a China knockoff. They are what they are, cheap, if you are looking for a disposible bike and don't mind going over the bike with your wrenches and retighten EVERYTHING they will last you awhile. If you plan on just keeping it a couple years, they are a good deal. If you want longivity and durability spend the extra $$$ and buy Japan. My .02

Old 11-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

Yeah I kinda figured as much. With one of their marketing niches being "honda clone engine" I have to wonder. However, at the price they sell for a person could buy one every 2-3yrs and still come out money ahead on a Honda. I'm just stupid enough (or too much of a tightwad), I may just have to get one for the hell of it.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wrestleu
Yeah I kinda figured as much. With one of their marketing niches being "honda clone engine" I have to wonder. However, at the price they sell for a person could buy one every 2-3yrs and still come out money ahead on a Honda. I'm just stupid enough (or too much of a tightwad), I may just have to get one for the hell of it.
Well first off tightwads dont by quads just for the hell of it LOL!!!

I have messed with TWO of these kinds of quads the chinese knockoffs... They were FLY... But I think Kazuma would be the best chineses brand to go with because I have heard things about them. Well back to what I was talkin about. These two atvs I was working on we junk!!! just plain junk!!! I was riding one and rolling down a hill and floored it the front wheels wouldnt even come off the ground. I put it in gear and poped it and it didnt come up at all... these where 110 I have rode a honda 90 and it was a SWEET atv... it would run over these quads over and over! just remeber the parts are hard to find and expensive... also make sure if you do get one of these greese EVERYTHING that should be because they dont do anything like that from factory. Also about the kazuma I rode a 50 and it was a NICE atv. It would stand the little thing stright up in the air no problem... I weight 150. But it was 500 new and you can get a used honda or something like that for 600 or so a few years old...

GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

I'm actually looking at the Kazuma Dingho 250 automatic w/reverse. New for $1400, price a Honda and you'd be lucky to get out the door under $3,000. But thanks for the info and the heads up on the grease, and checking the torque on everything. I had actually heard that about any of the Chinese ATV's.
One thing....Kazuma was named ATV of the year in Australia a couple years ago. Is there an embargo or something on Honda there? LOL

Old 02-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Trailblazer

never buy chinese motorcycles of any kind they use poor quality materials as well as poor machining and assembly.

Old 02-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Trailblazer

A lesson that is learned constantly... You get what you pay for.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

the bikes are junk we have them hear sold at canadian tire.in the summer i was riding with a some guys 3 wheelers 4 wheelers. one guy got a 250 'baja the brand'.all or us riding along all the sudden the guy with the baja was flying in the air.and broke his leg the bone sticking out.the left side brake siezed on and we had to drag the bike out of the bush 5kms and its still siezed. dont buy the bikes are junk. buy a older honda yamaha etc. 10x the bike and will last.