ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Chain Tension Adjustment Shaft Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chain Tension Adjustment Shaft Stuck

Howdee,
I was replacing a bent axle on my 83' ATC110 and noticed I was unable to adjust the chain tensioner that is common to the brake peddle. The shaft that passes through the frame appears to be "frozen" or stuck. I assume after studying the manual that this is suppose to rotate by adjusting the tension arm on the LH side of the ATC which in turn would cause the tension pully arm to take up slack on the chain. I bought this sweetie for $250 and it was stripped down to the frame, bead blasted and repainted. Its my guess this shaft for the tension arm is either rusted in the frame pass through or stuck somehow. Any suggestions how to free withut damaging? Anyone else have a similar experience?? I can adjust the chain tension by manually moving the pully tension arm to the correct chain tension by setting in the splines and tapping on. But it would be nice to be able to adjust for chain slack without having to go this extra step.

????

I was gonna try to lube it up with those products that you apply to rusted bolts (product name escapes my thought) and try to tap or bang it loose. Already tried a hammer by giving it a good whack. Don't want to damage.