ATC 3-Wheelers Discussions on ATC 3-Wheelers.

Tri-Z Tech Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tri-Z Tech Questions

Hello, if anyone out there is knowledgeable about Tri-Z's please respond and we'll get into some discussion as I am in the middle of a complete rebuild and need some advise.
Thanks and I'm awaiting repsonses......
Thanks
Jon

Old 10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Question?

Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

what is it that you need...

Old 11-10-2006, 12:31 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

spit it out man......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 AM
Trailblazer

Ok, frame up restoration on an 86': Frame blasted and refinished in PPG Silver Metalic enamel, swing arm, axel carrier, all brackets, gas tank shield, pegs (new OEM hardware) rear brake pedal all blasted and powder coated black, fork legs polished and completely rebuilt, new calibers front and rear steel braided lines, Moose bars, Motion Pro throtle, Moose EZ adjust Clutch Perch and Lever, Terminator Clutch cable, New OEM rear fenders(black), Air box cover and Radiator shrouds refinished in Bumber coat gloss black, Front headlight shroud OEM black (non louvered), original seat pan with custom recovering and stitching (black) headlights new OEM, Radiators sent out and Redone MAC's custom radiator, Thermostat housing polished with new thermostat and new sending unit, all new OEM radiator hoses, new OEM wiring harness, Durablue axel, Durablue aluminum hubs, ITP Holeshot tires and polished beadlock wheels rear, front Douglas Redline polished, JT sprokets front and rear with DID chain, Works rear shock W/ black spring custom buit to spec. MOTOR: bored third over (68.75mm) weisco piston and rings, LA Sleeve rebuilt crank, Ricky Stator source coil, new OEM coil, Every internal bearing new OEM, cases blasted and refinished back, kick satrter and shifter blasted and powder coated black, DG Extreme expansion chamber and silencer, Barnett kevelar clutch with Barnett heavy duty springs thats all I can think of right now. Price tag......DOn't ask I should probably have my head examined......

Alright, now when I posted this I was stuck about what direction to go with the carb. Since then I spoke to Sudco who is recommending a 38mm flat slide which they will dial in according to my specs. I would scrap the OEM air box in favor of a clamp on type. I haven't ordered this set up yet so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

THANKS!!! Jon

Old 11-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

first dich that thermostat ya dont need it!! YES go with a 38mm flatslide!!! a must if you want it to scream!! You can heat the the intake boot up and stuff it in and let it cool..also if you are still going to ride it on trails,wet,mud i would run the airbox with out the lid on it.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

It aint a tractor its a yamaha tri moto [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
"One Wheel Short"

leave it up to Cowboy for the humor [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

If you want to seperate yerself with some of those purdified parts, let me know! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I just finished my motor, everything OEM except for the piston. I installed a 69.5 pro-x for a 85' YZ 250.

Old 11-14-2006, 10:56 AM
"One Wheel Short"

Originally posted by: trizinNY
first dich that thermostat ya dont need it!! YES go with a 38mm flatslide!!! a must if you want it to scream!! You can heat the the intake boot up and stuff it in and let it cool..also if you are still going to ride it on trails,wet,mud i would run the airbox with out the lid on it.
Raffa- Did you just run a solid hose in place of the T-Stat? Or just remove the stat all together?

Old 11-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Range Rover

i just took mine out and ran it that way, But ronnie (yamahondaman) makes some awsome billet ones that bypasses all that crap and looks mint! let me rephrase that i took the thermo out of the houseing and put it back together and run it that way...

Quick Reply: Tri-Z Tech Questions