Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Arctic Cat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 06-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 2006 4wd cat 500

ive got an '06 artic cat cat 500 4wd.just cranks,no start,ugg! it has spark,&fuel.ive tried the primer on the carb,cleaned the carb,fixed the crank case hose that was cracked,even read on here to put air in the tank to check the fuel pump.NOTHING!just cranks till the battery dies if i go that far.any suggestions?...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Did you try spraying starter fluid in the plug?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to Williebee Send a message via AIM to Williebee
Thumbs up 2006 4wd cat 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudenvy View Post
ive got an '06 artic cat cat 500 4wd.just cranks,no start,ugg! it has spark,&fuel.ive tried the primer on the carb,cleaned the carb,fixed the crank case hose that was cracked,even read on here to put air in the tank to check the fuel pump.NOTHING!just cranks till the battery dies if i go that far.any suggestions?...
I would check the fuel pump by removing the fuel hose from where it hook's to the carb and cranking the engine to see if you're getting fuel pressure to the carb , AC reccomend's replacing the fuel and vacume hose every 2 yrs. ; i had to replace mine less than a year because of the cheap plastic one's that were used on my 2006 AC 400 4x4 FIS were cracking !

I replaced the factory hose with GoodYear fuel hose to solve my problem , if you getting fuel to the carb and fuel to the cyclinder with good spark i would check the valve spec's to rule out the fact that your valve's are closing at the right time ; that is what i'm doing to my 2006 AC 400 it start's but doesn't want to idle .

It's a job to get to the valve access cover's on my 400 you need to remove the airbox to get to the rear valve cover , i've desided to remove all the plastic's on mine because it need's a good cleaning of the frame and check for any sign's of crack's in the welding of my frame ; also i've heard alot about ethnol based gasoline being bad for small engine's lately .

I hope this help's you get your quad going .

williebee.....
Old 07-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
06, 2006, 4wd, 500, arctic, artic, atv, carburetor, cat, cleaning, fis, plug, remove, reviews, spark