Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Arctic Cat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Battery isolator install advise

Hi all!
I am contemplating installing a second battery and a battery isolator on my A/C.
I need more power to run my heated grips, heated seat, heated thumb, heated floor boards, flashing beacons, winch, lights, horn, stereo, and other doo dads required for stylish snow plowing.
If anyone has done this I could use some advise on where the charging wire hooks up to the stock battery and any other install tips you might have.

My quad is 1998 Bearcat 454.

Thanks,
Darwin
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider
2009 Arctic Cat 550H1 EFI
My Garage

I run a dual battery set-up on my '08 TRV.

I DON'T use a battery isolator, but run the battery(s) in PARALLEL. I tied the 2 together by running POS -POS and NEG on battery 2 to the frame. When hooked together this way it's basically a BIGGER capacity battery. My choice was a WALMART tractor battery. ($25) I've doubled my overall battery capacity and haven't had any issues with my stator.

Click the image to open in full size.

The install required very little modifications and I set the battery on about 2" of foam inside the battery box to soak up vibration & shock. All my battery connections are coated in anti-corrosion and the box inlets are sealed with silicone.

I've found that every spring I have to inspect all my connections, and clean/tighten as needed.

I run ALOT of accessories in the winter when plowing and having 2 batteries has proven to be a good "mod"

I'll also throw in that the TRV uses a 1.5amp battery maintainer 24/7/365 when not in use.

2009 550H1 EFI (Hers) 640miles

2009 250cc 4x2(The "Boys") 356miles
Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

you can get an isolator at a marine or r-v store, dont know if stator will charge both batteries at once,
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1500, 2008, 2011, 2500, atv, battery, dodge, install, installation, isolator, isolators, ram, rv, stealth, wire