Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Arctic Cat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register ATV Photos FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read GarageVendors
Search
Welcome to ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Reply Share this with your friends
Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default 1999 Artic Cat 500 4x4

I have a 1999 arctic cat 500 4x4. We was riding and the radiator fan fuse popped and burnt the wires. So i pulled it back home and replaced the fuse and fixed the wires on it. Now it will not start but the spark plug fires. So i thought perhaps a wire got burnt in half. So i went through all the wires and all of them checked out good. Still couldn't get it to crank. So i hooked a rope up to it and pulled it and put it in gear and it fired up. But soon as you stopped pulling it the 4-wheeler would shut off again. So i tried to see if you could test the CDI and voltage regulator but i couldn't find any info on that. Anyone have any info on what they think it could be or how to check those two boxes? As i am running out of options here and still can not get it to crank and run.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

54 views and no answer or reply. So i take it i stumped everyone here also then?
Old 09-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Reply Share this with your friends

Tags
1999, 4x4, 500, 99, actic, arctic, atv, cat, check, plug, regulator, spark, specs, voltage, wheeler