Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Reads kmph need it to read MPh

Old 10-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reads kmph need it to read MPh

I have a 2004 650. The control pod reads km not mph. Can anyone help me with how I get this changed.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the opposite problem my 05 650 v2 reads in mph and I would like it to read KPH ,What I don`t understand is how the bike got sold in Canada without being able to read in KPH one would think that would be manditory the same as cars.The icon is there on my speedo but you just can`t change it .its the same speedo thats on the kawi Bruteforce and they are in KPH.Would really liketo discuss the issue with AC .

Old 10-26-2009, 08:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yea,
I have to beleive it is some simple button pushing process, but i can't seem to figure it out. I will call my local dealer today and see what they can offer.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, Here is what i have come up with. Based on what the AC dealer said it can't be changed. The V2 is a Kawasaki engine and the speedo is kawasaki as well. There are 2 part numbers for that speedo one is for a MPH and one is for a KM. Pretty odd way to go to market but it is what it is.
So if you have one that reads MPH and want it to read KM PM me and maybe we can do a swap. Mine reads I beleive 51 hours and i think 806km.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Trailblazer

I thought I read somewhere on here where someone said the combination for the speedo to switch.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Reads kmph need it to read MPh

Originally Posted by God of Thunder
I thought I read somewhere on here where someone said the combination for the speedo to switch.
I'm not sure about the 2004 and 2005 year models , but i have a 2006 Arctic Cat 400 FIS Auto and i can switch from MPH to KMPH using the Mode Button also ( Mode Button ) Shifts the gauge through three set-up modes: speedometer/tachometer , distance trip meters labeled T1 and T2 , Engine Hours and Clock ( Trip meters T1 and T2 can be reset to 00.0 but the Engine Hours and Vechicle Mileage can't be reset !

Did you guy's get an owners manual with your quads ? If you bought them new there should've been an owners manual located in a slit made in the bottom of your seat , when i removed my seat the owners manual , safety video and a cheap tool for adjusting the suspention settings were sealed in plastic to keep it from getting wet ; there's a section in the manual that will take you step by step on how to change from the various modes it shouldn't matter if your quad was sold in the US or Canada because they're all made in the US by Arctic Cat Inc. 601 Brooks Ave S. Theif River Falls, MN 56701 USA .

The only difference between the 2001 /2005 models , is that the 2006 year models: 400 FIS / 500 /650 H1 manual shift and automatics (650 V2 Automatic only ) had some chassis design changes : gas tank was moved from up front to the rear between the plastics and frame , 2006 and later models have a 2 in. receiver type hitch standard from the factory there may have been a change to the display pod ; and i think the single hand brake lever that worked both the front and rear brake's ( some liked this change and some didn't started with the 2006 Model year !

Also the rear foot brake pedal has it's own seperate master cylinder , and there's a small storage box where the fuel tank was on the earlier models ; to get to the airbox/air filter you remove the seat then remove the storage box by way of 4 plastic re-usable rivets lifting up and pulling back on the storage box exposing the airbox !

williebee.....