Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

little help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default little help please

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1 auto 70 hours. When i start it up cold it idles rough and there is a clicking or tapping noise in neutral. After about twenty seconds the idle seems to pick up and even out and the noise goes away. Never has the sound when i start it warm. Any ideas?

Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

maybe your valves. when its cold the valves will tap a little till warmed up. When it gets warm the metal expands making everything tighter and no more noise. Ever have them adjusted? even if you do, it may still do it a little. my 500 did it as well and i had the valved adjusted 3 different times. once at 150 miles or after break-in like the manual said. then again at about 1,000 miles and a 3rd time around 2,500 miles. the bike has 4,000 miles on it now and still works and runs perfectly.( just sold it actually,kinda miss it). Oh and as far as a little rough idle, it may be b/c its an electric choke so the computer may take a moment to adjust causing a little rough idle as it warms up.

Old 08-02-2009, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cold engine oil. Off the oil is in the bottom of the engine, running the oil is pumped around.

The valves will tick until they get oil.

Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

yeah my 700 idles rough as well, its totaly normal until it regulates its self, as for the tapping, its the valves for sure, like he said "they will tap until they get oil", not to insult you or anything, but your oil lvl is good right? sometimes we over look the little things. anyways hope it works out for you.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the replies. Yah i checked all the fluids and they are all at level. So i wont worry about it Thanks again.