Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

New temp sensor or just straight wire it ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New temp sensor or just straight wire it ?

Just bought an older Cat , 2002 500i auto with around 850 miles on it . Pretty good shape except the guy never washed it after taking it hunting 5 or 6 times a year ! The radiator was about the worst of it all . I had to pull it off to clean it , could not BELIEVE how much mud and muck came out of it !

I'm changing all the shock bushings and replacing the radiator hoses while I have most of the plastic off . Bushings were just about rotten hehehe .

I had found out the fan was not working after about 1/2 mile down the road when the motor sounded like it was trying to run hot . So back to the workshop to see
what was going on and I couldn't believe how much mud was plastered on the back of the fan / radiator !

Well anyway , I've got the radiator and hoses back in but can't remember where the couple of connectors go LoL ! The temp sensor on the bottom of the radiator doesn't seem to be working ....... its not throwing any voltage or ohms ? across the meter . I can hot wire the fan and it comes right on . I have heard of Honda owners amoung others running fans all the time but think that might be a big draw on the battery / charging system ?

Guess I'll have to shell out more $$$ for a new sensor ! Found out the rear brake cable bolt had snapped at the caliper , thats another 55 bucks !!

Anybody have a PDF service manual ? or wiring diagram they would like to share ?

thanks !

S.C.