Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

05 650 V2 ?s

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 650 V2 ?s

How many miles is everyone getting out of a belt on a V2? I haven't even checked mine yet and it seems fine with almost 700 miles on it and thats with 3 seasons of plowing heavy snow and with a dynatek cdi, pipe and k and n. Granted I don't beat on it in the mud really and I always ride in low unless im on a road going above 50mph, I think ive used high like 3 times. The reason I ask is because I just upgraded the tires to 27" gators and the wheels to Vision Bruisers so I am starting to worry a little about the belt.

Also, when should I take it in for the "first service"? From what ive gathered the only real important thing they do is adjust the valves, as ive done pretty much everything else myself. Ive changed the oil 5 or so times already, changed the diff fluids and I have plugs just haven't done them yet. The manual says at 500 miles but Ive heard thats too early. Any thoughts on when I should.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

700 miles is barely broke in. in 05 they updated the belt system to be better then 04. even with mine living in the swamp i still got about 1500 miles out of a belt and i really didn't need to replace it i just did. unless you start losing power and start noticing it slipping i wouldn't worry to much about it. if it makes you feel better you can always buy a new one to keep on hand.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by weez440
700 miles is barely broke in. in 05 they updated the belt system to be better then 04. even with mine living in the swamp i still got about 1500 miles out of a belt and i really didn't need to replace it i just did. unless you start losing power and start noticing it slipping i wouldn't worry to much about it. if it makes you feel better you can always buy a new one to keep on hand.
Cool, thanks for the input man.