Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

no fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fuel pump

Ive got an 08' 700 EFI and I found some shorts in the wiring around a frame rail. Well after splicing the connections with some butt splices and re-connecting the battery now the pump isnt working. Before we fixed the wires the pump would come on and the bike would run but when the key was turned to turn on the lights the bike would die. Therefore we fixed the fuses wires together and now still nothing. We have re-checked the butt splices and checked the fuses and checked the relays. Now we are lost. Short of pulling the pump out of the tank, which I would imagine its fine since it worked while shorted, i dont know. A little side note, the gauge cluster display is intermittingly flashing "EFI". Dont know what this has to do with our fuel pump problem but its worth looking in to. Thanks for the interest and any help, as we're stuck in the garage for the weekend until we get this fixed.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 700 EFI Fuel Pump problem

There is either another wire that goes to the ignition swith for the lights or the pump is fried , it could also be in the ignition itself that's gone south saw this alot before i closed my shop in late 97' , i don't know what the ignition switch or fuel pump costs but i know they're expensive you could try running a hot and cold wire and hook them to a toggle switch and fuel pump to rule out the fuel pump ; it would be alot cheaper than buying a new pump or ignition switch that you can't return for a refund in case the old ones turn out to be good i'm sure you know that electrical are none refundable !

I've seen alot of ignition switch's short out one of the contact's causing the same thing you're describing , i hope for money sake that it's just one more wire that causing you trouble maybe someone will jump in and be of more help ; and welcome to the forums !....

Old 05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shouldnt it still be under warrenty?

Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No Fuel Pump

Only if he got the extended warranty some Dealer's offer the 2 year extended warranty free as an insentive to buyer's if they're a good Dealer who are willing to to take $100.00 over cost because they are a high volume Dealership , some smaller Dealership's try to sell you extended warranty's that they offer theirselves and will even tell you they are the only one who can offer a extended warranty ; even some of the large volume Dealer's will give you this line to make more profit on a sale but those in the know will wait for the factory Cat Care warranty that you recieve in the mail before your factory warrany expire's !.........