Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Fuel Vent Problem w/ my 2005 400 LE

Old 03-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Vent Problem w/ my 2005 400 LE

I am having a fuel vent problem with my 05 400LE. Fuek is leaking from the vent hose. It is like it is siphoning itself out through the vent hose. Alot of fuel, I filled up and have driven approx. 10 miles and it is down to 1/4 of a tank.

It appears to be a design flaw in the way the vent hose runs up throught the handlebars. First of all the bracket for the bracket for the speedo housing rubs up against the vent hose. This will eventually cut the hose which is what happened to my first vent hose. Now that I have another one it is constantly leaking gas.

How can I solve this?? It is VERY frustrating. The housing for the speedo will I guess not let the vent go high enough to keep it from losing gas.

I have owned many ATV's before this one and have NEVER had this problem. This is my first Arctic Cat.

I seems pretty rediculous the way the fuel vent is set up.

Also, my original vent hose is no longer in service and I am having trouble finding a new one that will fit it right without coming off the nipple constantly.

Anyone experience this with their cat. It is not an issue on the new ones as the gas tank is relocated to under the seat.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:20 AM
mrj
Weekend Warrior

Hey Vipertech
I've got a 05 300 A/C which I belive may be the same type of setup. I lost my orginal vent hose that comes off of the fuel cap. I used a piece of clear fuel line hose froma skidoo for a while. I heated it up with a heat gun then put it on over the nipple. It stayed there. After a while the plastic line started to turn yellow from UV exposure I belive. Looked terrible to me so I replaced it with the orginal AC part I belive it was $6. I also had some problem with fuel slopping out so i rerouted it under the tank along the frame and tie wrapped it and pointed it towards the rear to avoid getting it clogged. Now I dont belive that I lost as much fuel as you have but give it a try

Old 03-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I will see if I can reroute the line. I am not sure how much of the fuel lost actually went out the hose, or how much spashed out when the hose would fall off constantaly.

I am currently using a clear vinyl hose which fits on the nipple real tight. I am not sure if it is the type of tubing that will break down when used with petroleaum products of not.

Does the OEM arctic cat vent tubing fit tight?

I was going to buy it but our local bass pro did not have one in stock.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:27 AM
mrj
Weekend Warrior

Yea the AC part #0470-416 $6.79 CAD it fit pretty good. Not as tight as the plastic fuel line though because I had to heat the plastic up to expand it to go over the nipple on the fuel cover. I took the plastic fuel line off because of the yellowing color (YUCK) it looked horible it was there for about 6 months or more and never budged. I am a little finicky on orginal parts.