Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

If you are considering a BRP...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you are considering a BRP...

You should consider this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wkjjsklzlw

Old 03-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I much prefer choosing when my machine gets shifted in and out of 4X4 and not some preprogramed automatic system. It's why I have a manual shift tranny and not the auto trans too.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree with the 4x4 part of liking the manual locker. But i prefer an auto tranny.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

ya one video and everyone thinks visco-lok is useless...i bet that atv has the livin' sht rode out of it and something isnt working correctly, who the hell knows. all i know is my outlander could out pull, go faster, go through more mud then any POS honda or polaris could. all that matters in my eyes

Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: DVXDUDE
ya one video and everyone thinks visco-lok is useless...i bet that atv has the livin' sht rode out of it and something isnt working correctly, who the hell knows. all i know is my outlander could out pull, go faster, go through more mud then any POS honda or polaris could. all that matters in my eyes

I wouldn't say 1 video. I bet you I have watched more than 50 videos of the outties online, and everyone of them that I've seen all showed the same thing. Jerky, erratic engagement. They seem to work fine in the loose stuff, but anytime you get in off camper situations or when 1 tire comes off the ground, it doesn't work worth a damn.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

LMAO. Nobody wants to comment on the dude thats riding that outlanders less that Savvy operating skill either. That guy shouldnt be on an lt80 let alone an outlander 800 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] That was nothing the outty should flinch at.. A poor operator can get a HWMVEE or Jeep stuck in an easy spot too.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: rockkrusher
Originally posted by: DVXDUDE

I wouldn't say 1 video. I bet you I have watched more than 50 videos of the outties online, and everyone of them that I've seen all showed the same thing. Jerky, erratic engagement. They seem to work fine in the loose stuff, but anytime you get in off camper situations or when 1 tire comes off the ground, it doesn't work worth a damn.
hmm. I aint sayin a locker wouldnt be nice. But when im riding the outty it does not do what happens in that video. But then agin I ride more animated so i dunno. The polaris 700 has been able to go no where the outty can't go and vice versa.. I reckon people need to learn how to ride before getting into the big machines anyway.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The polaris 700 has been able to go no where the outty can't go and vice versa..

Well put, and that goes for every quad, as long as the rider knows whats going on.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Originally posted by: v2rider
The polaris 700 has been able to go no where the outty can't go and vice versa..

Well put, and that goes for every quad, as long as the rider knows whats going on.
but ya know if people didn't bitch about sompin what fun would it be [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hell i used to be able to go everywhere i can on these new quads on the old 95 trx300 3x4 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img].. Just get there allot faster on the newer ones.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

and I'll tell ya what.. That old honda was 10 times stronger than anything made today. Im disapointed in the durability of all quads today.