Arctic Cat Discussions about Arctic Cat ATVs.

Protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:19 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protection

Hi All!

I have read a little about the artic cats... I have never even consider them when I am thinking of buying one.

..but I have read a little about them now, and what I can see is that they have plastic protection under the machines! That sounds great, how many other atv has that? I have also seen pictures with there snap on system. Sounds nice.

I am planning to buy an atv to be used in forest. I see that AC has snap on modules for chain saws holder and other utilities. Are those add ons as expensive as Polaris? Do even polaris have such things as chain saw holder add on?

I am considering an atv around 400cc class. Can you please tell me a little bit more about AC version? Are the price good compared to others? Protection from stock? Tires from stock?

Thank you all!

Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Protection

welcome to the site kinuski!! The 400 model is a well built bike. plenty of power for just about everything you need it for. one thing it does slack is a low reverse.(not a big deal unless your goin muddin) 500 has it but 400 dont. the 400 is an actual 376cc engine ,air/oil cool (i think it has a fan assist also), select 4 wheel drive with a differential locker to lock both front wheels. the quick rack system is great feature also. the 400 and 500 come with either the manual shift or automatic transmissions. everyone with an auto that i know never had a problem with it. price of the 400 is competitive,look around and you should be able to find a good price. about $5300-5500 around here brand new,and about $4900 for a 2004 model. 3 year warrenties now and the tires are decent for trails/woods. if your goin with mud id suggest mud lites,589's or something with some aggresive tread on them. you wont need bigger just the same size. good luck with your decision!