Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Power angle snowplow

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power angle snowplow

Has anyone ever tried to modify their plow to work like a truck plow? I saw a 4' plow for a John Deere 318 that had a lift piston and an angle piston so downsized stuff is out there. Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 12-30-2003, 06:55 AM
Trailblazer

i to have thought of this but have many questions. do you think a elec. accuator would be strong enough to angle the plow and hold it there while plowing. it would be real easy to rig up just some minor welding and elec. anybody else out there ever thought of this

Old 01-01-2004, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

I was starting to think I was the only one tired of angling my plow by hand! Hey Fig are you suggesting one of those electric actuators used to raise a quad plow? If it's got the power to lift a plow, I would think it could angle it as long as it isn't up against a snow bank. Maybe using a series of pulleys to angle it may just work. I was thinking more on the line of something hydraulic and not mechanical, but you may have something. Come on guys someone must have some ideas!!!!

Old 01-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Trailblazer

i was not worried about angleing it but the force of when plowing you hit the snow pile and it would with stand the impact. i don't know if a actuator would be strong enough

Old 01-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

I had one Cycle Country power V blade when it first came out and it fell to peices.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Kawi650,
How did the Cycle Country Power V Plow angle? Wish I had a picture of the mechanism, maybe with a little mod it could work? I like the concept of that V Plow and almost bought one. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

it worked on little pin clips with 3 per side with a bar from the plow bracket... the angles were great but the edges would grab on uneven train and the bike would run over it. work real good on flat sufaces only. what happens mainly was the stress on the hinge in the middle would make it snap the welds and with a straight blade you get strenght. It was nice because you also could carefully use the angles on the plow bracket too. This concept has to be reinvented the bennifts are here but to much of a pain fixing it all the time.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

An outfit called American makes an electro/hydraulic cylinder to rotate the blade. Theres one on ebay right now for $300 but it only fits moose and one other brand. Dunno how it works though......

Old 03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

I am also sick of getting off my quad to angle my warn plow. And was thinking of doing something similiar to what evertyone is talking about. If anyone has ideas give it up! I am very mechanical and can build one as long as i have a good direction...... Oh ya and the parts being on the cheap side.....

Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

I plowed snow for about 15 years with a garden tractor that had an arm connected to the swivel base the plow was fastened to and a cable that ran from the release pin up along the arm to a handle at the end of the arm. The operator could release the pin by squeezing the handle and turn the blade by either pushing or pulling the arm until the pin locked at the new position. The arm was supported buy a metal bracket fastened to the frame and extending upright to about the top of the hood. It was somewhat awkward to use but it was quick and worked quite well. I mounted my old plow to Cycle Country push tubes. Cycle Country sells a pin release cable that I think I can use along with the existing arm mechanism to modify my new setup. Better than crawling off each time I want to turn the plow and not too expensive.
Stan

Quick Reply: Power angle snowplow