Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mojave Riders, Please Read.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-1999, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got an '87 Mojave, yeah, first year. i read the latest articles and seems like the same bike, well, good news is mine is 12 almost 13 years old and running strong and looking great. My question is, do your newer models have a problem with your headlight going dim when bike is idling? seems that the stator isnt wound enough. if your model doesnt have this problem, please tell me, ill probably pick up your stator and put it on mine, if it fits. Thanks guys.

Old 09-16-1999, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have the same problem. All it is is the more gas you give it, the brighter the light. Just watch it while it's idling at night, push the throttle in and out. The lights go bright and dim.

------------------
- 1996 Kawasaki Mojave, 1998 Kawasaki Mojave, http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/B...8090/home.html

Old 09-17-1999, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

My buddy has a 96 and his is the same way. That's the way they are made. They are all like that.

------------------
Brian Kimmel - 97 Timberwolf

Old 09-17-1999, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I've got three Mojave's an '88 and two '87 and they all do that. My dealer told me that if i wanted them not to dim at idle , I would have to have Ricky Stator re-wind the stator.

HAPPY RIDDEN!!!

Old 09-18-1999, 12:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have a question. WHile riding my buddies 91 Mohave, I noticed his shift lever was about a whole foot away from the peg. I literally had to move my foot forward off of the peg to shift. Is this normal? I would not think so, but my buddy seemed to think he had the stock shifter. Any commments?

RoostKing...

Old 09-18-1999, 01:13 PM
Trailblazer

That doesnt sound safe, or right. i think he may have an aftermarket or other models shifter on it, or else you have way too small a foot size, but guessing that you are over 12 years old, i woild think that its been bent or maybe just someone swaped it out with the correct one. did he buy it new? mine is perfect, ive got a size 10 shoe/boot, and it contacts under the ball of my foot, or behind the toes when up shifting. maybe look into a replacement, because it shouldnt be more than 25 dollars. good luck, ride careful.

Old 09-18-1999, 01:14 PM
Trailblazer

Oh yeah, and thanks guys for responding on the headlight issue. i thought i may have to go with rickystator in CA, but was hoping against it. well, good riding guys.
TT.

Old 09-20-1999, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

i ride a Blaster & the light does the same thing your Mojave does. i think this is normal 4 pretty much all quads. i have a friend that rides a '94 Mojave. his light works but i don't no if dims durning idole. he in doing a break down right now. he in now in the process of getting it back together. the clutch was shot & a few gears had missing teeth. i guess he can't complain. he got it 4 only $900.

Old 09-20-1999, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

Someone may correct me if I am wrong but I believe the reason your guys' lights flicker is that Mojaves, Banshees, Blasters etc. use AC(Alternating Current) Lighting systems as opposed to DC(Direct Current). With an AC system the brightness of the lights varies directly with the RPM of the motor. Quads without batteries and/or alternators, such as the ones I listed, use the AC system. My Warrior for example, uses a battery with a DC lighting coil, thus my lights don't flicker at all. I have seen quads with batteries use an AC system though, such as the Suzuki Quadrunner 160. Anyway, someone can correct me if I am wrong.

------------------
Duncan Currie

'94 Warrior w/K&N Filtercharger, Jet Kit, Supertrapp Racing Series

Old 09-21-1999, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

you sound correct man!

Quick Reply: Mojave Riders, Please Read.