Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Sundiro Quads...

Old 12-16-2002, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundiro Quads...

I bought the grandkids one if the little Sunray 50 and it has been absolutely flawless so far. Does anyone else have and experience with these? Where are they made? I saw several other makes with the identical engine/trans and even the identical frame, it appears this "engine/frame/chassis" is used on lots, the only difference seems to be the plastic. I was comparing it to Artic Cat, Kasea and a Bombadier. Any input on this, even if its negative would be appreciated.

Old 12-25-2002, 12:38 AM
Range Rover
Default Sundiro Quads...

I bought my son a two stroke 90cc Quad from Sundiro last spring,and I gotta tell you,its one damn solid bike. Havent had a single problem with it yet,not one.
From what I found out about Sundiro,the parts are manufactured in Japan and shipped over here,and the quads themselves are assembled in a plant in Little Rock, Arkansas. I bought mine from a factory direct dealer thats right down the road from the plant,and he shipped it to my door in upstate New York, for nothing. Shipping was free.
Ive never been happier with a dealer,it's the best 1300 bucks Ive ever spent on a machine. I would highly recommend the shop Scooters,USA. Look them up on the web if your looking for a cheap starter bike for your kids that wont cost you a fortune because it has one of the "Big 4" names on the tank.

Old 12-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer
Default Sundiro Quads...

Originally posted by: FifthHorseman
I bought my son a two stroke 90cc Quad from Sundiro last spring,and I gotta tell you,its one damn solid bike. Havent had a single problem with it yet,not one.

Good news to hear that. I've had this once since 3/02 and zero problems also. I have noticed the frame/engine is identical to those Kasea quads. I've even noticed the little "Artic Cat" 50cc rigs had the same engine and frame config with the exception of an enclosed rear brake ***'y. The only difference appears to be the shell/plastic. Wonder if they just buy the Sundiro slightly modified and put their name on it? I sure wish I could buy parts online, my days off (Sun-Mon) make it tough for me to visit and motorcycle store. Take care, and have a nice Christmas too.

Old 12-25-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sundiro Quads...

ssauer this is a sundiro website. Says here on the home page that they have a joint venture with Honda

http://www.honda-sundiro.com/e_homepage/e_atvs.htm

Old 12-25-2002, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sundiro Quads...

Originally posted by: bsb64
ssauer this is a sundiro website. Says here on the home page that they have a joint venture with Honda

http://www.honda-sundiro.com/e_homepage/e_atvs.htm

Thats great, I know they will be around when I need parts. That would explain why their 4 strokes were identical copys. I noticed that when I was buying the kid's quads. I thought it was typical CHinese knock off/copy, but a joint venture, thats great! I'll check out the site now.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sundiro Quads...

Anyone know where to air filters foor the sundiros? I got to replace the stock one and I can't one anywhere.

MX

Old 04-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sundiro Quads...

Are you wanting a different air filter or the filiment inside?

Old 04-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sundiro Quads...

Just the filter. The original is pretty far gone and it is just easier to start fresh.

MX

Old 04-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sundiro Quads...

If your Sundiro uses the same flat "hairy" foam sheet most of the Tawainese quads use you can get a Twin Air replacement element. It is a two stage type element and looks to be more free flowing than the stock element. I ordered one for my son's Xtreme 90 because the stock element was shedding its hair all over the air box. This is for the quads with the airbox behind the left front tire, there are three screws holding the lid on. Twin Air list this as a replacement for the Polaris 50/90.

The other option is to remove the stock air box and put a clamp on type filter right on the carb. This option requires that you either fabricate some kind of splash protection for the filter or stay out of the water and mud. My son doesn't know the meaning of "stay out of the mud" so this wouldn't work for me.

Old 04-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sundiro Quads...

Thanks. I'll check out the Twinair

MX

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sundiro Quads...