1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Buyang 110 remote bypass how do u do it

Old 02-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buyang 110 remote bypass how do u do it

Looking for a way to bypass a remote start/kill box on my sons 110 buyang. It started up but wont cut off and while looking for a problem found three wires pulled out of the remote box....please help

Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum YOUNGONE!

I moved this to the Chinese section to get you a better response..We got a guy here.. LynnEdwards...Real sharp on electrical problem..He usually responds within 24 hrs or so..

Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The way to disable the remote start radio control module is to simply unplug it. But there is a small catch - you can no longer shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You have to use the handlebar kill switch instead.

Most people just live with this feature, but if you want to restore the ability to kill the engine with the ignition switch you will have to add a wire jumper between two pins on the remote control connector. Which two wires is something that varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, but we can figure it out. How many wires on your remote module connector, and what are the colors?

Another way to add the jumper is just to do it directly: Find your CDI and look at the wire color on the kill switch pin based on the following picture:

Name:  50cc-cdi.jpg
Views: 19254
Size:  19.2 KB

Make sure all kill switches are off, then find which of four wires on the ignition switch is connected to ground only when the ignition switch is turned off. Run a new wire connecting these two wires together. Don't cut the old wires, tee into the existing wires at both ends. This will restore the ability of the ignition switch to kill the engine when the remote is unplugged.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks lynn i went home got out my dvom and found that i had to jump 2 wires and it did go to the cdi but BEFORE I DID THAT it may have had another problem because it would not cut off with either switch and both appear to go through the same wire ....anyway it is working right now and thanks again for the response--

Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the same bypass, realized I have to use the brake cutoff instead of the ignition cutoff, but now it seems my battery is on a constant drain? The only part I have not troubleshot is that I didnt have my positive and negative leads secure when making sure I had everyhing wired right. Any reason my battery is draining? Should I just turn the ignition off after I start to keep the battery from draining? will that even help?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by ping342001
I did the same bypass, realized I have to use the brake cutoff instead of the ignition cutoff, but now it seems my battery is on a constant drain? The only part I have not troubleshot is that I didnt have my positive and negative leads secure when making sure I had everyhing wired right. Any reason my battery is draining? Should I just turn the ignition off after I start to keep the battery from draining? will that even help?
I'm not understanding this. The original post was about shutting down the engine (killing the spark). But you refer to "brake cutoff" versus and "ignition cutoff". These have absolutely nothing to do with one another. The brake switch interlock keeps the starter motor from turning. The ignition "cutoff"s prevent spark (but the starter will crank and crank).

Let's back up... Please explain the problems you are having in detail:

1) Does the quad start?
2) Does the quad starter motor turn with the start button?
3) Is the battery charging system working? Do you know how to check this?
4) The "battery drain" issue is happening when? While you're driving around? Or only when the quad is parked? How fast does it drain? What is the condition of your battery?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Completely apologize for the confusion. I used the wrong terminology.I was referring to the kill switch on the handlebar, as you explain in earlier part of the thread.. "you can no longer shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You have to use the handlebar kill switch instead." I unplugged the remote start box, and now I have to kill the quad with the kill switch instead of just turning off the ignition. In the process Battery drained very quickly. Responses below.

1)Does the quad start? yes
2) Does the quad starter motor turn with the start button? yes
3) Is the battery charging system working? Do you know how to check this? Don't know/Don't know This is very cheap chinese quad. Did not think it had a charging system.
4) The "battery drain" issue is happening when? While you're driving around? Or only when the quad is parked? How fast does it drain? What is the condition of your battery?
------Had a full charge on the battery, after unplugging the remote box, I haphazardly just connected the battery back up, STARTED LIKE A CHARM, confirmed key would not kill the machine, hit the kill switch. Did this 4 times. started again, left it running/idle... Went inside to inform the wife I was a genius, came back out and it was dead. Battery was very warm. New battery, good charge, I do alot of RC planes and familiar with charging.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Electrical Expert

Unplug the voltage regulator. Charge your battery back up using an external charger (no more than 2 amps maximum charging current or you'll wreck your little battery - this isn't a car battery).

Does your battery hold a charge overnight? In the morning does your quad start up?

Batteries going dead quickly means the battery is completley kaput, or something is eating up a *lot* of energy. You cannot eat a lot of energy without something very obvious happening - like smoke, fire, and shrapnel for small objects. Large objects with huge thermal mass (like starter motors, stators, and a self discharging battery) can soak up a lot of energy for a while. But even these can overheat and destroy themselves over minutes. Think about it... If you crank your starter continuously on a non starting quad without allowing it to cool the starter motor (big and thermally massive though it be) will burn up. A good small quad battery contains a *lot* of energy. Them's the physics...

If your voltage regulator is shorted (bad) the battery will be connected directly to the stator battery charge windings and discharge backwards through them. Just like the starter motor case above, you can burn the stator up with this backwards current over a few minutes. Now you know why I asked you to disconnect the voltage regulator. If the current drain stops then your regulator is bad. And your stator may or may not be burned up.

Do you have a fuse? What is its value? A 110cc quad should have a 7 amp fuse. If the regulator shorts and you have the proper fuse then the fuse will blow and your stator is protected.

All quads with starter motors have battery charging systems. To check the battery charging system start up the quad and run at medium fast speed with the headlights off. Use a meter to check the battery voltage at speed. You should see 13.5 to 14.5 volts on the battery terminals.

Originally Posted by ping342001
Completely apologize for the confusion. I used the wrong terminology.I was referring to the kill switch on the handlebar, as you explain in earlier part of the thread.. "you can no longer shut off the quad with the ignition switch. You have to use the handlebar kill switch instead." I unplugged the remote start box, and now I have to kill the quad with the kill switch instead of just turning off the ignition. In the process Battery drained very quickly. Responses below.

1)Does the quad start? yes
2) Does the quad starter motor turn with the start button? yes
3) Is the battery charging system working? Do you know how to check this? Don't know/Don't know This is very cheap chinese quad. Did not think it had a charging system.
------Had a full charge on the battery, after unplugging the remote box, I haphazardly just connected the battery back up, STARTED LIKE A CHARM, confirmed key would not kill the machine, hit the kill switch. Did this 4 times. started again, left it running/idle... Went inside to inform the wife I was a genius, came back out and it was dead. Battery was very warm. New battery, good charge, I do alot of RC planes and familiar with charging.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Couldn't a performance cdi fix the bypass all together?

Old 03-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Range Rover

No a 'performance cdi' should plug in to the same port as the facory one and each pin should perform the same task as a facory cdi. Otherwise you have the wrong part for your bike and it sholdnt run. The only differences between a stock and performance cdi should be internal (ie a different spark curve).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyang 110 remote bypass how do u do it