1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Help Identify this quad please ! I have pics

Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Identify this quad please ! I have pics

I bought this quad last fall, help me identify it, vin says made in asia 2005, that's it.

http://s1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/andersbe83/? action=view&current=IMAG2181_zps8d59e302.jpg

http://s1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/andersbe83/? action=view&current=IMAG2183_zps5c879118.jpg

here:: http://s1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/andersbe83/? action=view&current=IMAG2186_zps4d6b6212.jpg

Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

post the vin, ill tell u what it is

Old 01-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Trailblazer

Vin is LHJSJK5456BC02037

thanks for any help

Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Range Rover

Well, I can tell you its a 2006, but past that...

Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

Is there an expert I can ask ? What I really need to know is what buttons on the control do press to get it to start, the guy I bought it from said theres some kind of trick or certain buttons to press to get it to start, all buttons are faded I don't know what's what

QUOTE=LaPurr;3163110]Well, I can tell you its a 2006, but past that...[/QUOTE]

Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

This is a 2006 Bashan BS110S, Made By Chongqing Astronautic Bashan Motorcycle Manufacturing Co. Ltd. in China. Is a 110cc Air Cooled 4 Stroke Engine.

Could not find a manual on it.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:32 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

SO rather than concentrate on what kind of quad it is, how about about concentrating on what your quad's problem is. These quads are usually kind of generic, with different brands all buying parts from the same handful of parts sources.

Does you quad starter motor turn? Is that the problem? Or is the problem that your quad doesn't start up? If you quad starter motor turns, do you have spark? Do you know how to test for this?

What is the history of this quad? Did you buy it non-running? Have you ever seen it run?

As far as "trick buttons" go there isn't anything fancy here. But you do need to be aware that all "unhacked" quads have some sort of safety interlock that will not allow you to crank the starter motor unless the quad is secured such that it won't take off if the motor starts. This could be a "clutch is disengaged" switch, or a "quad is in neutral" switch, or the quad has "brakes applied".

By far the most common is the "brakes applied" condition that is tested. This whole idea isn't much different than the safety interlock on your car that won't let you crank the starter motor with the transmission in drive. If the car starts up you want it to be in a condition where it will stay put, and no take off unexpectedly.

So turn on your ignition, set all kill switches to the "run" position. Apply the brakes. Does your brake light turn on? If not we need to concentrate here. If your brake light isn't lit (and if your quad uses the brake light test - the overwhelmingly most common method) then you're dead in the water right here. This is where we start.

Got a meter? You'll need this to proceed.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Trailblazer

I was working on this quad with u last July, I replaced the ignition coil and cdi. I wasn't using the controls to turn the motor over,never could get a spark tho.my daughter was sitting on it, pressed something on the controls, told me to kick it over to start it,I told her it wouldn't but kicked it anyways, it Started instantly ! Then ram out of gas, it didn't start again. I don't know what she pressed (shes two). I need a battery, what size should I get, ill get that and then we can start working on it. What size should I buy?

Here's the previous posts we exchanged,thanks for all your help

https://atvconnection.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343803

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
SO rather than concentrate on what kind of quad it is, how about about concentrating on what your quad's problem is. These quads are usually kind of generic, with different brands all buying parts from the same handful of parts sources.

Does you quad starter motor turn? Is that the problem? Or is the problem that your quad doesn't start up? If you quad starter motor turns, do you have spark? Do you know how to test for this?

What is the history of this quad? Did you buy it non-running? Have you ever seen it run?

As far as "trick buttons" go there isn't anything fancy here. But you do need to be aware that all "unhacked" quads have some sort of safety interlock that will not allow you to crank the starter motor unless the quad is secured such that it won't take off if the motor starts. This could be a "clutch is disengaged" switch, or a "quad is in neutral" switch, or the quad has "brakes applied".

By far the most common is the "brakes applied" condition that is tested. This whole idea isn't much different than the safety interlock on your car that won't let you crank the starter motor with the transmission in drive. If the car starts up you want it to be in a condition where it will stay put, and no take off unexpectedly.

So turn on your ignition, set all kill switches to the "run" position. Apply the brakes. Does your brake light turn on? If not we need to concentrate here. If your brake light isn't lit (and if your quad uses the brake light test - the overwhelmingly most common method) then you're dead in the water right here. This is where we start.

Got a meter? You'll need this to proceed.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by andersbe83
i was working on this quad with u last july, i replaced the ignition coil and cdi. I wasn't using the controls to turn the motor over,never could get a spark tho.my daughter was sitting on it, pressed something on the controls, told me to kick it over to start it,i told her it wouldn't but kicked it anyways, it started instantly ! Then ram out of gas, it didn't start again. I don't know what she pressed (shes two)....
Yes I remember that now. Back in July you had 7 ohms on the ignition coil primary. Now that you've changed the ignition coil does it still read 7 ohms? You also had a ground issue which never really got resolved. Is this still the case?

Now that you've changed the ignition coil & CDI (and still have no spark) you need to go back and redo all of the tests and post the results. Let's look to see if anything has changed. It is possible that you had two problems before, and now you're down to one left. It is possible that you've pulled out a bad part and replaced it with another bad part. It is also possible that there was some measurement error done last July, and now that some time has passed and you're giving it a fresh look the test results might be more revealing.

Originally Posted by andersbe83
... I need a battery, what size should i get, ill get that and then we can start working on it. What size should i buy?
Measure the size of your battery compartment, then go to walmart and buy a battery size that mechanically will fit, and have between 7 and 10 amp-hour (AH) capacity. But get the cheapest technology. You don't need a fancy AGM battery, or VRLA, etc. An ordinary cheap generic lead-acid motorcycle battery is fine.

Do you have a maintenance charger for this battery? Since your quad is not running, and you're planning on using the battery to crank the starter motor, you need some way to keep the battery charged up since your quad charging system isn't operating. One of the quickest ways to ruin a new battery is to leave it sit around partially discharged.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

I've been busy but I'm stopping tomorrow on the way home from work for the battery. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not going out in the single digits to do tests. I will recheck everything we checked last time around and let u know its suppose to warm up Fri.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Identify this quad please ! I have pics