1) Engine problems.. If your quad wont run..post in here.

Taotao 125cc motor manual?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taotao 125cc motor manual?

Does anyone know if there is a manual for this motor by chance. Thanks

ATA-125a
125cc motor

Old 02-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

taotaou.us

Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never seen a 125cc manual, but there are some light service manuals for 110cc quads. I wonder if they are similar enough to be useful...

If you want a couple 110cc manuals send me your email address by private message. They are in PDF format - 5 MBytes total. They cover clutch adjustment, valve adjustments, etc. They will not help you rebuild an engine.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default I would like a manual if possible

Hi Lynn,

If you still have a copy of the Tao Tao ATV manual, I would like you to send me a copy if possible. I have a ATA125D that was a gift on christmas morning, and unfortunately the clutch is locked up for some reason and as soon as it is put into gear it stalls out the engine....I'm asking Tao Tao o replace the entire basket and clutch plates since it is brand new....but what about the adjsutment linkages that go from the casing to the basket...was it supposed to come out in pieces when we opened the casing?

my email is jay66er@hotmail.com

Thanks

Old 12-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by jay66er
....If you still have a copy of the Tao Tao ATV manual, I would like you to send me a copy if possible....
Sent.... Let me know by private message if any problems.

To anyone else reading this, remember that posting your email address in a public forum exposes your email address to everyone, and will undoubtedly get sucked up into a lot of spam email lists. It is much safer to send the request and email address by private message.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you for the info Lynn...I cannot figure out how to PM you???? Is there anyway to unlock the larger manual so I would be able to print it out?

Thank you again!

Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by jay66er
Thank you for the info Lynn...I cannot figure out how to PM you???? Is there anyway to unlock the larger manual so I would be able to print it out?

Thank you again!
You're welcome .

To send a PM to me find one of my posts and click on my name at the very top left of that post. A menu will pop up. Select "send a private message to...".

I've never tried to unlock a pdf manual with restrictions on printing. I'm sure others have done it. A quick google search for "unlocking pdf manuals for printing" had lots of hits...

Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Please send me ata110 repair manual

could you please send me the repair manual for the ata110 to noxusnation@hotmail.com , thank you very very much!!!!!!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello, I would appreciate it very much if you could send me the manual as well.

matt-brown@hooked-on-rc-airplanes.com

My son's four wheeler was running fine then it wouldn't rev up to full rpm's, like it was flooded. I was trying to get it to rev up and it just quit. Then it would start. Cranked and cranked and it wouldn't not start. Pull the plug and laid it against the frame and cranked and it found it wasn't firing.

Now it wont even turn over. I jumped over the start solenoid with a screw driver and it will turn over but not fire or start.

When I hit the starter button on the handle bar nothing happens. When I hit the starter button on the remove I hear a click coming from the box with all the wires going to it, the moduall with the antenna.

He's only had it a week ,this rots...

Any ideas?

I think the manual would be helpful if you would be kind enough to send it to me.

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited by RC-Wings; 09-03-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by RC-Wings
..My son's four wheeler was running fine then it wouldn't rev up to full rpm's, like it was flooded. I was trying to get it to rev up and it just quit. Then it would start. Cranked and cranked and it wouldn't not start. Pull the plug and laid it against the frame and cranked and it found it wasn't firing....
How many wires on your CDI?

....Now it wont even turn over. I jumped over the start solenoid with a screw driver and it will turn over but not fire or start.....

"Does not turn over" means completely different things to different people. To me it means that the starter doesn't turn, which you seem to confirm in the above quote. But then you say:

...When I hit the starter button on the handle bar nothing happens....

That is completely opposite. Does the starter turn or not? I'm confused...

Starters not turning, and "no spark" issues are unrelated to each other - except that if the only way you can turn the engine is with the starter motor then you won't get spark if the engine can't be cranked (obviously). But it is often possible to have an engine that cranks fine but won't start due to ignition circuit issues (or fuel issues, or compression issues, etc.)

Unplug the remote module (with the antenna). That should disable it. Any change in symptoms?

It sounds like you have more than one problem. If it were me I'd concentrate on getting the starter motor to crank on command, then focus in on any "no spark" issue. To that regard, when you turn on the ignition switch and step on the brake, look at the brake light. Is in "on"? The brake light is part of a safety starter interlock circuit. It prevents you from cranking the starter motor unless the brakes are applied. It's the same idea as with your car, which won't let you start up the car in "drive". Both keep you from having the vehicle lurch out of control on start up.

Last edited by LynnEdwards; 09-03-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Taotao 125cc motor manual?