Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha atv for dummies

Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Yamaha atv for dummies

i am new and i really want to buy a yamaha atv.... I was think an 04' to 06' and a 350cc... I weigh almost 200pound is this ok?
What i do not understand is what is the diffrence between RAPTOR, BANSHEE, BLASTER, WARRIOR and all the other models? Are some for sand and some for dirt? Does that matter? Personally i like the raptor and have driving one before but have looked for what each model is made for and cant find it.... Please help!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

Blaster and Banshee are 2 stroke. Dont recommend a Banshee if you are new to the sport. I have a warrior 350 they are 4 strokes and very good for beginners. Raptor is the new warrior. Banshees are very fast.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

200 lbs you dont want a blaster. Too small. Warrior or Raptor would be fine.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks very much! I really like the raptors! Why does everybody say that banshees are real fast? Are they made for that? And isntbthat better? I want to be able to get in the mud and everything not just sand! Do some of them have better tourque... Also what is 2 or 4 stroke? Sorry for all the questions its that idont have people over here to help!... By the way where are u from?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

How much mud are you wanting to get into? You might be better off with a 4x4 utility depending on where you are going to be riding. Knowing that information will help determine what kind of quad to purchase. I would stay away from the blaster though, your are way too big for it. I am 5'9 170lbs and I feel cramped on them.

2 stroke and 4 stroke are the types of engine, you generally see 2 strokes on weedeaters and chainsaws and you have to mix your oil and gas together along with some atv's, boat engines, snow mobiles, and personal watercraft. A 2 stroke compresses the air and fuel mixture and fires at the top of each upstroke of the piston, one stroke down, then up and it fires, hence 2 stroke. A 4 stroke fires every other time the piston reaches the top of the cylinder so the piston travels down for 1 stroke, up and expels the exhast gases on the 2nd stroke, travels back down and pulls in the air/fuel mixture into the cylinder on the 3rd stroke, then compresses the air/fuel and fires on the 4th stroke.

A banshee is stock form is not that fast compared to a 450 or 700 raptor but compared to other 350's they are.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Geoman, Knust thank you very much.... I know this is not the place but compared to a 2006 raptor 350 how good will a Polaris predator 500 be? My friend has a raptor 350 and he get around good in the trails we go! Is the polaris faster or stronger? Or more reliable? How do i find this out? I ask because i am gooing to go check one out soon its at a very good price! .... Thanks agai,

Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Range Rover

The predator is going to have quite a bit more power than the 350 raptor will. If your buddy gets around good on his 350 raptor with the mud you are speaking of you will be ok too. I have riden both but have very limited experience on the predator so I can't really speak of the handling or the dependability but I have heard of some dependability issues with them, I know several people that have them and didn't have any complaints.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I plan on buying the predator, its that i see it and compare it to the pics i see online of other predators and the plastics dont seem the same! How can i post the pic here?
Or where would it be better for me to look for help? Plase help i plan on buying soon and i am scared that it might be a fake or chinise i think its called, a replica! What do i look for?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Range Rover

To post a pic upload it to your PC and after you click the reply scroll down and you will see a radio button that says 'manage attachments' click that and browse through your folders to select the picture you want to attach or, if it an add on craigslist you can just copy the URL and paste it in your reply.

I don't know of any 500cc knock offs to the predator, most of the knock offs are 250cc or below on the sport quads. As far as the plastic being different there are several companies that make aftermarket plastic that looks quite different than the stock or it could also be one of polaris's special editions like the Dale Earndhart Jr edition or the Troy Lee edition and some of them were quite different with the colors and graphics but the shape of the plastic was the same.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

it does not let me upload an image from my computer, when i hit the INSERT IMAGE button it ask me for a link! [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yamaha atv for dummies