Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

SunL 110cc Wiring

Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SunL 110cc Wiring

I bought my son 110cc chinese make quad. He's rode it a few times, but yesterday he road it for an hour or so and then when we went to turn it back on it has no spark comming from the spark plug. I bought it used and the person told me that it's a SunL 110cc, but it says 109 atv on it. Samething i know...problem is i can't find a wiring diagram for this atv. it's a 2006 SunL 110cc with a remote kill, alarm, and a tether in the back. Anyone with a diagram of the wiring for this bike would be appreciated. i've been on the computer almost all day trying to find a shop manual or wiring diagram with no luck. The person I bought it from did not have the owners manual either. ANY help will be greatly appreciated

Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 AM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Chinese quads are often wired very similar to each other. Look at this link for a Giovanni wiring diagram:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/kids...g-diagram.html

This diagram doesn't show a remote module wired in, but you can eliminate any remote problems by unplugging it. Just remember that if you get the quad started with the remote module disconnected, the ignition switch will no longer shut off the quad - you have to use a kill switch.

I have a wiring diagram of another 110cc quad with remote. It is embedded in a pdf manual which I can send you. PM me with your email address and I will attach it to a return email. You need to be able to receive about 5 MBytes of attached stuff.

So have you checked your kill switches to make sure all of them are set to the run position - including the handlebar kill switch which sometimes has to be centered, then pushed in (towards the handlebar) til it goes "click"?

The attached stuff will have other stuff you need such as how to adjust the valves, adjusting the carburetor, etc. It is not a full blown service manual. It won't tell you how to time the valves or measure cylinder wear, etc.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

LynnEdwards,

Please send a wiring diagram with remote start to my email at lyeyml@gmail.com. Unfortunately, due to me not thinking I caused a fire to break out and ruined my son's 110cc atv. Now, I'm reordering new parts and wires to put it back together. Thanks.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:57 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by lijian
LynnEdwards,

Please send a wiring diagram with remote start to my email at lyeyml@gmail.com. Unfortunately, due to me not thinking I caused a fire to break out and ruined my son's 110cc atv. Now, I'm reordering new parts and wires to put it back together. Thanks.
What kind of fire? Was it a wiring fire (too much current)? Or was it a gasoline fire?

What kind of quad? Model? Year?

What was damaged? Can you post pictures?

Keep in mind that chinese quad wiring is *similar*, but that is not enough information to information all by itself to know exactly how you quad is wired. Often, after careful measurements, you discover that the CDI is powered like wiring diagram "A", the battery charging system is more like wiring diagram "H", and the lighting system is like quad wiring diagram "C". So what we do is fix individual systems one by one: Get the starter cranking, then get spark, then get the battery charging system working, then get the lights running, etc.

I can't send you "your" quad wiring diagram, instead we need to break it down to one thing at a time, while ignoring other important but unrelated problems. Divide and conquer - one battle at a time.

I'm happy to send you all the wiring diagrams I have for remote controlled 110cc quads, but I'm not sure they would be any use without some guidance .

Old 01-12-2012, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have uploaded photos on the web. Please see below for photos. Yes, it's a gasoline fire. Right now, I have the motor taken off of the frame and cleaned it up. Wires on the stator and starter have all burned up and so I ordered a starter thinking the wire was attached to it when it wasn't. Stator has not arrived yet though. Starting to rebuild this atv back up.

The quad is a 2008 Taotao 110-B1. I'd say pretty much everything is gone except two tires along with frame, front brakes, rear brake, and engine. Everything else will have to be replaced. Many have told me it's cheaper to get a new one. But I'm going to make this one a project so I can learn and rebuild. My first quest is to get all of the electrical components working together and then move onto other areas. I still have a lot of work ahead of me. Any guidance would be very helpful.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:03 PM
Electrical Expert

I love challenges, and I love projects where the goal is to learn about new things. There's a lot to be said about that. But after looking at your quad pictures I've got to belly up to the bar and say this is a lost cause. I have to agree with all the others who have said it would be cheaper to go with a new (or used) one.

Your quad is totalled...

Buy a used broken (but not burnt) quad and learn from that one. Maybe you can find a quad with a bad engine which can be replaced from your current one. I expect the only thing you will learn from trying to repair your current quad is that this was, in retrospect, a really bad idea .

Sorry for the negative feedback, but I really don't want you to sink a lot of time and money into a waste of effort. If you want to proceed I will help with the wiring and other electrical stuff. I have no idea on the other parts (gas tank - plastic - etc.).

Last edited by LynnEdwards; 01-14-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the advice. I am confident that it will be able to run again. I've already taken care of all the parts that were burned up and replaced them with new ones. I'm still waiting for a lady from Texas to send me photos of the exact wiring harness and all the wires connected to it to me so I can start to order it. This will be a good learning experience for me. Please do not worry about the plastic, gas tank, and other parts of the atv. It's the wiring that I'm kind of troubled about, but as soon as she sends me the photo and I get a general idea of how it goes together then I have made progress already. I have left the burned up wires hanging there so I can see exactly what is attached to it. The frame itself I've wire brushed and cleaned off so it looks a lot cleaner than the photos I posted earlier.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Electrical Expert

OK. As I said before I will help on the electrical stuff. I just didn't want to you to have unreallistic expectations going into this...

Who is this lady in texas? Is this a Tao Tao representive? If so I would be pleased and surprised if they ever respond. It's not the norm when dealing with chinese quad distributors. If she does respond, and if whe represents a chinese ditributor network, we need to make sure all appropriate kudos are published....

Find the best wiring harness you can, and then get a meter at the ready...

Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
OK. As I said before I will help on the electrical stuff. I just didn't want to you to have unreallistic expectations going into this...

Who is this lady in texas? Is this a Tao Tao representive? If so I would be pleased and surprised if they ever respond. It's not the norm when dealing with chinese quad distributors. If she does respond, and if whe represents a chinese ditributor network, we need to make sure all appropriate kudos are published....

Find the best wiring harness you can, and then get a meter at the ready...

I will do my best on my end. This lady from Texas claims she used to work for Taotao and is getting a wire harness ordered and put together so she can send a photo for me to look at as reference. I'm still awaiting her response on this. If in the end and the atv does not work, all I can say is I tried, but saying that if the wires are incorrect I will try to rewire it, but it would be a lot easier to find the correct wire harness and go from there. I'm having hope and I will try to be positive on this to the end.

This atv has never failed me or my son and it was working up to the point til when I caused the fire to burn it down. I can see that parts are readily available online. Though I have noticed that those that were selling Taotao's in the past has gotten out of selling Taotao's. The newer ones are selling Coolster atvs now and they claim that the Coolster are much better than the Taotao's.

I will let you know when the wire harness has been ordered and if in fact she is who she claims to be and her help is legitimate.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Electrical Expert

Even without the lady in texas if you can find any tao tao 110cc harness and it will most likely be 95% correct. It's worth a go... Find out what connectors mate up and which don't, find out what works and what doesn't. Then analyze and rewire from there. It's doable...

Last edited by LynnEdwards; 01-19-2012 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SunL 110cc Wiring