Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

03 eiger carb flooding issues

Old 07-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 eiger carb flooding issues

this is my first time, hopefully someone will see this. my eiger hesitates, and after a few minutes it tries to flood out...... i saw someone with similar problems on here.....and i think someone told him to adjust the mixture screw... then i think he said it fixed his..... anyone with any advice pz share it.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default helpppp with carb

i am goin to say everything the eiger does, and what i have tried to do to fix it. it hesitates a little all the time, but when i start it i can ride it decent for few minutes, and along as i stay on flat roads i can ride it all day back and forth, but it still hesitates, and when i try to ride in mountains, up an down trails, it only take 5 or 10 minutes for it to flood and die.it also always blows out black smoke. im not even close to bein a good mechanic, but i have had the carb off and cleaned the 2 jets that u take out with a flathead screwdriver, and the bowl is clean everytime i take it off, i just found out yesterday on here that there is another jet down inside of a whole, so i will try that today.. i just dont think it is the jets though.. let me say this also. its a 2002 or 2003 suzuki eiger, i bought it brand new, never a single problem until september of last year, i worked alot so i let my cousin borrow it for bout a month maybe 2, he accidentally ran it the whole month or so with the choke on, that is when it just died. I never tried to get it running until about 2 months ago, we have it running now, it just hesitates and floods out. Also i dont know if the choke bein on would cause it to mess up or if it was a coincidence, and the carb has never been worked on, so i dont think nothing needs adjusting on.....another thing.. when i take the carb off.. the top part of the carb where it connects to the air filter has black soot or smoke or something...i just know i can wipe my finger where the air filter hose connects to the carb and i have black substance on my finger.... and again idont know what that could mean either.... ive read one other post on here similar to my problems, and i think some kind of idle mixture screw fixed his. So anyway i reallly appreciate anyone who tries to help me. gettin kinda aggravated with it, lol. 8 year old boy makes it worse wanting to ride every evening,lol ... so as of now i am goin right now to try to clean that third jet.. the diagram i saw made it look like it was down in a hole in the carb..............this is my first time askin for help on here, sorry if im doin something wrong, ........thx alot pz help

Old 07-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

Did you set the float?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

yes the float and float bowl seemed fine... thx.... ive noticed different things today.. while riding when its hesitating, if i put it on the pri position it seems to run perfect... and when i put it back on res or on, after about 30 seconds it start missing or hesitating again...i have no clue why, unless that fuel switch is bad somehow.. i dont even know if those tear up. and can i just run it on pri? also i noticed the fan is not kicking on to cool the engine. so it seems my problems maybe more simple than i thought.. again thx for any suggestions