General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Old 07-27-2004, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Is there anyone in here that as heard of these machines? If so are they any good?
I would apppreciate some info on this kart

Old 07-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

details or link?

There are two major Chinese makers of karts, Yerf-Dog and Jiong-Chiang. I see Yerf-Dog all over, the others are a fairly recent explosion. They come underpowered, but a new pipe, CDI box, and hotter coil lets you retune the carb for nice output. I test drove a stock one, and a modded one that the dealer had done for himself. Unmodded felt like a lawnmower motor powered it, modded felt like the ATV motor it was suposed to be.

No report on longevity after mods, though. He had just done the mod. It's been about 4 months, and he still rips around on it, though.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:45 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.goodkart.com/index.php

Lot of these look familiar to me.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

cheapass,
thanks for resonding...

what model did you ride?

Old 08-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought two Twister HammerHeads.. there pretty fun although, to slow on the take off for me... but once you get going they'll do at least 40mph. I rolled one upside down going around a corner to fast and got out rolled it back over and kept going. I lost a couple bolts one the clutch arm on BOTH buggies and went back to the place I bought them and they'd said the manufacture had made some mod's to fix that problem. All and All... I'm happy with them.. and they're selling like crazy around here so when I'm done I can always sell one of them.. the other will be good for hunting and putting around. It fits perfect in the bed of a truck.

Old 08-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Are you talking about these Twisters? If so I'd like to hear more info if you have it.

Old 08-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider

I rode the two seater Jiong-Chiang, burgandy in color. They have a metallic blue that's real nice.

I think a performance CDI is really all that they guy did to it, then richen up the fuel a tad. It moved really nice after that.

Old 08-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Trailblazer

4wheelhi,
The wheel base on the hammerhead was too wide too fit in the back of my truck(I do not have big truck) so I decided against buying one. I figured since I would be spending most of my time fishing and hunting Id get an ATV. and im glad I did because I rode a friend mines after I posted this and let me say that my riding lawn mower pulls out quicker than those things, they are also it was vary doggy up hills. I bet if you souped it up it would be awsome though...later

Old 08-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

By the way my other buddy has a Dazen (sp?) and is a smoker!! on a half a mile stretch it beat the hammerhead by like 15car lenghts! they also burn up hills alot quicker. but im sure with some mods yours would be a hek of alot better. Id be scared too ride a souped up dazen!!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a Twister Hammer Head 2 about 2 months ago. Last week the starter went out. I took it back to the dealer and he said that was the 2nd one to go out. Keep in mind this dealer has only been selling the karts about 2 months. I got one of the first he sold. The mechanic in the back also told me 2 had come back with blown engines and almost everyone of them come back with the reverse cable broken. He said mine was about to break but he didnt have any spare parts in inventory. He said I should change the engine oil every month. Anyone else having trouble with the Hammerhead 2?

Thanks Eddie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart