Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris gearcase

Old 11-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris gearcase

I have the transmission out and apart for my 96 Scrambler 400 4x4. Currently I'm running a 98 Trailblazer 250 trans in the bike untill I finish the rebuild on the Scrambler case.
I ordered every part for the 96 trans. All came except the 19t forward sprocket part # 3233236. Apparently it has been discontinued and nobody has it, (dealers or ATV parts stores online or in person).
I searched and found online that a 98 Trailblazer 250 transmission does have the same trans cases, input shaft, bearings, shims, spacers, silent chain, output shaft gear and fork. All part numbers are exactly the same for my 96 case, except for the forward dog and forward gears. But nobody can tell me if I order a forward dog gear and forward sprocket for a 98 Trailblazer, if it will work in the 96 Scrambler.
Does anyone here have any knowledge of these cases and if the 98 forward gears will fit in place of the 96 forward gears?
Thanks

Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Did it work?

hey man i am having the same problem. I have a 97 polaris trailblazer sport and i can find every part for the gearcase except the forward 19t sprocket part number 3323236. what did you end up doing to get yours up and running. please let me know as soon as possible i need to know what to do thanks man.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Call me monday and I'll explain what I was told by Polaris dealer tech support about 15 years ago and I bet it the same problem you are both running into. Also, I may have a fix. I'd type it out but it would be rather long and it would be easier to explain over the phone.

I sent you both a private message.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys. I fixed mine and the trans is excellent now.
Heres the deal. Most parts are available, except for that 19T front sprocket / gear. How stupid and frustrating is that!!??
I asked everywhere and nobody could tell me 100% what to do. So I researched the hell out of it, gambled, and decided to use the forward 19t gear and forward dog gear from a 1998 Trailblazer 250. Works great and is stronger then ever before.
The Trailblazer gears are available. They are slightly different where the dog gear engages to the forward 19t gear then whats in your trans, but they ride on the same input shaft, use the same silent chain, same spacers / washers, go inside the same gearbox cases, ect, etc. All of these part numbers are exactly the same. The output shaft may have a different part number if it's a 4x4 like mine, but the only difference beteen the shafts are that the 4x4 shaft is about 1/2 longer to put the sprocket on near the brake rotor. This makes no difference on whats inside that case though. Besure to get a new silent chain too, they are big and dont seem like anything can hurt them, but trust me, they do stretch and it's worth the $35 to replace it. Also, theres a special sealant to use when putting them cases back together, dont use black rtv, it will leak.
Its a very very easy job to do and no special tools are required except for a puller to remove the bearing from the input shaft, but there are ways around that as it's not a tight press.
Oh, and count on replacing that fork inside the case as well. Trust me, the forward side is worn down about a 16th of an inch.
Feel free to drop me a pm and I'll send you my number and tell you exactly what to do and what to expect.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

yeah when i was gettin parts for the 250 trans found out that the 400 sport used the same exact trans in 97

Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Now that you have all that fixed the best thing you can do to keep the chain and everything else from wearing out again is to use Castrol Syntec 5w50 in the trans.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bb66chevelle
Hey guys. I fixed mine and the trans is excellent now.
Heres the deal. Most parts are available, except for that 19T front sprocket / gear. How stupid and frustrating is that!!??
I asked everywhere and nobody could tell me 100% what to do. So I researched the hell out of it, gambled, and decided to use the forward 19t gear and forward dog gear from a 1998 Trailblazer 250. Works great and is stronger then ever before.
The Trailblazer gears are available. They are slightly different where the dog gear engages to the forward 19t gear then whats in your trans, but they ride on the same input shaft, use the same silent chain, same spacers / washers, go inside the same gearbox cases, ect, etc. All of these part numbers are exactly the same. The output shaft may have a different part number if it's a 4x4 like mine, but the only difference beteen the shafts are that the 4x4 shaft is about 1/2 longer to put the sprocket on near the brake rotor. This makes no difference on whats inside that case though. Besure to get a new silent chain too, they are big and dont seem like anything can hurt them, but trust me, they do stretch and it's worth the $35 to replace it. Also, theres a special sealant to use when putting them cases back together, dont use black rtv, it will leak.
Its a very very easy job to do and no special tools are required except for a puller to remove the bearing from the input shaft, but there are ways around that as it's not a tight press.
Oh, and count on replacing that fork inside the case as well. Trust me, the forward side is worn down about a 16th of an inch.
Feel free to drop me a pm and I'll send you my number and tell you exactly what to do and what to expect.
Did it work out and by chance do you have the part #

Old 10-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Codykorrell
Did it work out and by chance do you have the part #
Wow, i dont think ive logged onto this site since 2011? The trans held up beautiful. I since sold the atv but its still going strong. I also moved 1500 miles halfway across the country since logging in here.... But I still have the gears and parts to repair another one of these transmissions.
I'll get you the part #'s tomorrow when I'm in my garage (11:15pm now ). If I don't respond by tomorrow drop another reply as that Will trigger an email and act as a reminder for me.
Joe

Old 10-06-2015, 07:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow, i dont think ive logged onto this site since 2011? The trans held up beautiful. I since sold the atv but its still going strong. I also moved 1500 miles halfway across the country since logging in here.... But I still have the gears and parts to repair another one of these transmissions.
I'll get you the part #'s tomorrow when I'm in my garage (11:15pm now ). If I don't respond by tomorrow drop another reply as that Will trigger an email and act as a reminder for me.
Joe
Ok thanks man much appreciated

Old 10-06-2015, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Joe
Ok thanks man let me know

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polaris gearcase