Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

2006 Rancher ES 350 Angle Sensor install

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Rancher ES 350 Angle Sensor install

Angle sensor went out on my 06 Rancher. Searched all over the site about inatalling this. I have printed out all the scanned manual pages on the subject that were posted. They all seem to be from different bikes. I am trying to get this thing going for deer season.

Here is the problem. I installed the angle sensor with the plug pointing straight up, and then turned it 90 degrees to preload it so that the plug pointed towards the passenger side of the bike, which is how it was originally. The diagram posted showed it being installed and then turned 90 degrees so it faced the other way. I am thinking this diagram is for a different bike.

I went to intialize the ecm. The instructions I found on the site showed a few steps that I cant do. The bike the diagram showed doing the initialization had a gear shift and an auto manual switch. The 06 Rancher has neither. Just the esp switches and the manual shift on the side of the motor that you have to put the gear shifting tool on to use.

I skipped to the part about the esp switches in that diagram. I started the bike and let it idle for a minute or so. Shut it off, and then turned the key on while holding both up and down buttons. I immediatley released the buttons and the "n" indicator was flashing continuously with no breaks in the flashing to indicate a code. I then pushed up, down, and up on the esp buttons. I waited to hear the sounds of the shifter initializing. I never heard it do anything. I sat and waited for 10 minutes or so and never go it to do anything or show the flashing "--" to show intialization complete.

What is going wrong here? Is the a different way to preload the angle sensor on the 06 Rancher? Is there different way to initialize the ECM? I would really like to get this thing going.

Before all this started, the reason I went for angle sensor replacement was that it got to where it would never shift out of neutral. The neutral indicator would just sit there and flash 5 times. Everything I have read said that was the code for agle sensor. Every now and then I could get it to shift into first but that was it. I have adjusted the clutch and that seems to work fine. I just need to get this electronic shifter working again..

Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to pre-load the angle sensor on a TRX350FE .. Here are the test and install info ..

================================================== ===========================

Old 03-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Angle Sensor Installation

I Have a 2002 Honda Fourtrax TRX250TE and am having the same problem with the angle sensor,would it be the same instructions to replace it as the previous post or is there different instructions for this model,would appreciate same instructions for this model

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 2006 honda rancher. it was driving fine and i parked it and started it up the next day to ride it and the neutral light blinked 5 times and it wouldn't go into gear. Would my problem also be the angle sensor? i read on another website that 5 meant the motor driven circuit. i need help to figure out which it is so i can fix it. thanks

Old 12-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Angle Sendor

I would suspect that could be the problem,on mine it showed it to be the control module,and or sensor,I tried the sensor first as this was the cheapest of the 2.Mine would not shift either,I constantly had to shift it manually which was a real pain,but as soon as I changed the angle sensor,it works like a charm now,I would check with your nearest Honda dealer for info,thats what I did,and he showed me where and how to change the sensor,if you need any help let me know,

Good Luck.
Sam.

The following users liked this post:
Pue707 (02-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Range Rover

This should be made into a sticky!

The following users liked this post:
Pue707 (02-14-2022)