Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

suzuki lt50 not starting???

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suzuki lt50 not starting???

Ok so we were riding and ran fine next day go to start it starts first pull instantly dies then never starts again. So i buy new plug thinking maybe fouled it is a 2 stroke btw put it in nothing has good spark so next went to the fuel petcock rebuilt it then to the carb cleaned all the jets and whole carb idle screws and mixture screws cleaned out also took pipe off jug no carbon build up while pipe was off i blew some gas threw it and it runs for as long as that gas will let it put pipe back and it wont run when gas is blow threw it but it does try so i check the pipe it is completely clear i am baffled it is acting like its not getting fuel to the cylinder but the plug is a little wet while i had the carb apart i removed the restricting jet while it was ran that day no signs of lack of power ran great im out of ideas all restricting devices have been removed for a long time also im going to set it on fire soon if i cant figure this out i have air box removed the whole time im trying all this stuff also so im getting air good spark good compression but not drawing fuel i guess help please!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

dirtybird...
did you ever figure out what the problem was? I am having almost the same exact problem and I am pulling my hair out. The only difference is mine is a 4 stroke. Let me know if you ever found out anything before i throw mine off of a cliff. Thanks

Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i did some research and found it was my crank seals smoke from the pull start hole a pretty good clue there like 20 bucks on ebay if i can help let me know

Old 11-21-2010, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update.....
Did somemore checking today and took it to a friends father that works on bikes and quads and took him all of about five minutes to figure out the problem...
The quad had no compression and we found that the intake valve is stuck open. Not to sure if something got stuck in there to keep it open or if the valve is bent. Now need to take the head off to make sure there is not anymore damage to the valve seat or anything else. Wish me luck...

dirtybird...thanks for the reply, but as you can see I have a whole new set of problems